ResNet @ UMD
Register your computer or network device on the UMD network
For access to the University network (wired or wireless), you will need to authenticate with your University Internet/email ID and password.
If you do not know your Internet ID and password, please call or stop by the ITSS TechCenter Help Desk during business hours (Kirby Plaza 165, 218-726-8847).
The following instructions are for registering a device using a web browser. If your device does not have a web browser, or if you cannot use a web browser until after your device is connected to the internet (e.g. DVD players, Nintendo Wii, etc.) please use the manual registration form.
- UMD-WiFi SSID:
- Authenticated wireless service for students, faculty and staff and guests. Access by opening a web browser and authenticating with your University Internet/email ID and password.
See: Wireless Access.
Follow these steps to register your computer using the network jack in your room. .
- Disable wireless access on your computer. (You must temporarily disable wireless access before you can register your computer on the wired network.)
- Plug your Ethernet cable into the network jack and turn on your computer.
- Open a web browser (Firefox, IE, Opera, Safari). If the ResNet registration screen is not automatically displayed, try typing in the URL: https://netreg.d.umn.edu/
If the problem persists, contact the ITSS TechCenter HelpDesk.
- Review and accept the UMD Network Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your University Internet/email ID and password.
- Your Internet ID and password are the same ID and password you use for University email and class registration.
- Use all lowercase and only the first 8 characters for your Internet ID username (for ex: carl9999).
- Remember that your password is case-sensitive.
- Passwords with spaces in them or that are longer than 16 characters may not work.
- If you don't know your Internet ID or password, or need assistance changing it, call the ITSS TechCenter HelpDesk at 218-726-8847.
Click on the Accept and Register
button. By clicking Accept and Register, you signify that you have read and will abide by the UMD Network Terms and Conditions.