Information for the Exam Giver of Scantron Exams
Please stress the following to your students at test time:
- Use a #2 pencil and make careful erasures. (Please do not use ink).
- Please fill in the name and identification number (student id) areas.
(A through G on the blue bubble sheet under identification number – fill
in the circles).
- Do not leave blanks - there is no penalty for guessing. (Even if you,
the instructor, know at test time that you wish to omit a question,
have the students fill in "e" or some other choice, but do not have
them leave it blank, please). All blank answers are checked by hand
during the scoring process to make sure that they are not marks which
were too light for the scanner to pick up.
- And for a randomized exam, beg, threaten, whatever; but have
the students put their names on the actual test form they use when
taking the test. (This is a major part of the high cost - looking up
information students have neglected to fill in) If the exam is
randomized, you must also put the exam number in the special code
area. (klm is the correct spaces, again, fill in the circles).
- Fill the space in completely.
Information for the professor to prepare exam for scoring:
- Multiple choice questions may be single answer or disjunctive. Conjunctive answers are not currently possible, and will prevent grading of the scantron.
- Include all materials necessary to complete the scanning and scoring
process when delivering the exam. Items required in the case of a
randomized exam-the answer sheets, the signed exam forms, the list
of options for scoring and the login name which contains
the permutation file and name file for the exam to be scored. There
is a form you must fill out before handing in the exam, see Trish
for this form...
- You must sequentially number all of the answer sheet forms (key being
0). Enter number above name – do not mark on bottom of blue form.
- There is also the option of Trish entering scores into eGradebook. (Check with Trish for options on this particular part of
Thank you for any help you can give on these items.
If you would like to watch the test scoring process, I would be
glad to show you how the program works on this end. Please call me
if you also have questions.
For more information please contact Trish Crace: firstname.lastname@example.org, 726-8843