Instructions for Exporting Files for MyU Grade Entry
The following sections give instructions for exporting from the programs most
commonly used for in-progress grade management at UMD. The online tutorial (How
Do I Upload?) gives some very good general instructions.
General Tips to Ensure Success
- Please be aware of the "Last Date of Participation" requirement for students with a "F" or "N."
- Compare the student list in the program you use to manage grades against
the current official roster. Make corrections as necessary. Often
students will have dropped without informing you.
- Make sure everyone in your list has a student ID number and that it is correct.
- Make sure you upload the correct file.
- Make sure you type in grades that are acceptable to the Registrar (e.g., no A+ or D-).
To CREATE a Grade Book:
- Go to eGradebook.
- Enter your authentication information.
- Select "Create Gradebook."
- pick from the list of classes you are teaching. If your class
is not listed please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Course Designator, Number and Section (e.g., ITSS 1000 001).
- select "Create Gradebook."
- Create grade categories.
- Create assignments.
- If Kathy is entering grades and you would like her to add/update
grades, please enter her as an "Owner-designate" in "Access Rights" (Internet ID: kwilson).
To EXPORT Final Grades:
- Select the appropriate gradebook.
- Select "Reports."
- Go to bottom of
- Select "Export Final Grades."
- Save the file
to your personal computer. Pay attention to where you save the file.
Moodle now has the ability to send grades directly to the Registrar.
Finding the Send grades to Peoplesoft option
Click the dropdown menu in the upper right and select Send grades to Peoplesoft.
- Go to the course homepage.
- Find the Administration block:
How to Enter Grades in MyU Faculty Center
Grades may be manually entered or uploaded and approved in the MyU Faculty Center, or you need to approve the grades that have been sent from Moodle. Please refer to the How to Enter Grades in Faculty Center instructions.
If you encounter problems with entering grades in the MyU Faculty Center, please contact the Registrar's team at 218-726-8887 or email@example.com.
Before "exporting" from an Excel spreadsheet, you will need to have
created a file that has only the required information: student ID numbers and
corresponding letter grades.
To save that file in the proper format:
- From the "File" menu, choose "Save As..."
- Set the file format by choosing "Text (comma separated value)" from the
drop down menu in the "Format" field (Mac OS) or the "Save
as type" field (Windows)
- Name the file and save it in a location you can readily find later. You
might consider naming the file using the class alias and placing it on your
desktop to make it easy to locate the appropriate file during the upload