You are here
Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (EVCAA) Unit Awards
School of Medicine (SMED) Unit Awards
In spring of 2016, the Staff Council was asked to appoint a task force which would review the Outstanding Service Awards and make recommendations on how they could be improved. They provided their recommendations in July 2016, which were adopted by the senior administration. This year we celebrated the new Outstanding Staff and Team awards, in keeping with the group's recommendations.
An additional element of their recommendation was to create new unit-level awards that would allow for more awards to be given at a "local" level. This email is to let the campus know that these awards are now ready to be launched. The campus should anticipate communications to come from each participating unit: Chancellor, Academic Affairs, Student Life, Finance & Operations and Medical School, which will detail their program and how to participate. As each unit develops its award program, it will be provided to Human Resources and Equal Opportunity and put on their website.
A Brief Overview of the New Unit Awards
· Awarded and administered at the unit (Chancellor/vice chancellor/SMED) level with funding based on the unit's percentage of total campus employees
· Covers the same employees as the Outstanding Awards: Labor-Represented, Civil Service, and Academic Professional/ Administrative (P&A) employees who do not hold faculty rank appointments, irrespective of percentage of appointment
· Recognizes UMD employees for a special or unique contribution to their college, department, unit, or the UMD campus based on the following criteria:
1. Leadership on the job
2. Customer focus
3. Quality of service
· Award is $250 added to the employee's pay, with taxes reducing the net award
· The Chancellor will announce the winners quarterly
· Units may sponsor additional non-monetary recognition such as a certificate, public posting, celebrations, etc., as desired
Nomination and selection processes will be specific to each unit, and all will be posted on the HR&EO website.
Please watch for updates and communications on these new awards programs at UMD.
University of Minnesota Duluth
515 Darland Administration Building
1049 University Drive
Duluth, MN 55812