New Student Application
You are here
Academic Year 2018-2019
Applications will be available at 8 AM on February 1st!
Students will complete their housing application via the Housing Portal (link below). As part of the application, students will be able to request roommates and their preferences for housing. Students are required to submit a $200 installment payment and e-sign the housing contract for their housing application to be considered complete.
In order to access the Housing Portal, you need to:
- Initiate your UMD Internet ID Account. If you checked your UMD admissions status online or registered for Orientation & confirmed your enrollment - this step is already completed.
- Activate your UMD Email Account. You'll receive housing confirmation emails and emails from potential roommates at your UMD account, so it is important that you activate your UMD email account.
Initiate your UMD Internet ID Account.
You need to initiate your unique Internet ID account to get access to U of M network resources.
Activate your UMD Email Account.
Housing Installment Payment
The $200 Installment Payment is required as part of the housing application. If you cancel your housing application, you may be eligible for a partial refund based upon the following schedule:
- Cancellation emailed to UMD Housing on or before May 1st: $150 refund
- Cancellation emailed to UMD Housing between May 2nd and May 31st: $75 refund
- Cancellation emailed to UMD Housing after May 31st: $0 refund
Priority for housing for students who submit their application by the May 1st deadline is determined by the date you submitted your application for admission to UMD, not the date you apply for housing. Applications are processed in order by the admission application date. Students who submit the application after the May 1st deadline are assigned housing in the order in which their housing application was received, pending the availability of space.
Building Preference Requests
Requests for specific buildings can be submitted on the housing application. Please note, while we work to accommodate students in one of the buildings they have indicated, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to honor all building preference requests.
You may request a roommate using the roommate matching & search features within the Housing Application. Please note - roommate requests are not guaranteed! Roommate requests can also reduce your housing priority - we will utilize the later admissions application date of a roommate pairing to determine priority for the group.
Please indicate any medical needs that may require an accommodation in the appropriate section on your housing application. Please note, however, that you must also complete the Housing Accommodations process through Disability Resources to formally request an accommodation.