Health Services abides by the following protocol with regard to the release of medical information:
- Each transfer of medical records requires a release form signed by the patient. This form allows exchange of Counseling/Medical Records for one year.
- Consent for the release of medical information can be revoked at any time by providing UMD Health Services with a written statement specifically revoking the authorization.
- A copy of the authorization form will be provided to the patient upon his/her request.
- By authorizing the use or disclosure of information, there will be no conditions placed upon the patient's health care.
- Information disclosed by the authorization may be subject to re-disclosure by the recipient and no longer protected by Federal privacy regulations.
- In compliance with MN Statute 144.33, a patient may be required to pay a fee for retrieval and photocopying of records and/or a supervised inspection of medical records.