You are here
- Admissions Toolkit
- Assign/Update Advisor (GRD Program Staff Only; DMS Programs - please contact the Graduate School Office)
- Graduate Degree Plan (All Programs). Here are some handy checklists and videos on best practices for reviewing GDPs for approval.
- Tutorials: Reviewing degree plans to meet policy compliance for:
- Completion of Incomplete Work Contract
- Annual Graduate Student Review Guidelines - University policy
- Graduate Student Advising Resources
- Special Registration Categories - Grad 999, Advanced Status, etc.
- Withdrawal Process
- Appointment to the Graduate Faculty (Effective Fall 2017)
- Graduate Education Faculty Role List (Check here to be sure your program's faculty members are listed.)
- Appointment of Directors of Graduate Studies (Process Approved 4/19/2011
- Graduate Assistant Employment - UMN Policy
- Graduate Program Coordinator Network
- Graduate Admissions Annual Updates Fall 2017 presentation
- PBED (post-baccalaureate education) Google Group
DGSs and GPCs may wish to join the PBED Google Group to stay up to date on administrative processes for post-baccalaureate education at the University of Minnesota. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to join or leave the group.
- Requirements for Students Traveling Internationally on University Business
Travel Approval: Students traveling to countries under a U.S. Department of State's travel warning must obtain approval form the University's International Travel Risk Assessment and Advisory Committee (ITRAAC) before departure. NOTE: Applicants are encouraged to apply early as the committee review process commonly takes 6 to 8 weeks. The committee will not consider applications completed less than 2 weeks prior to planned departure.
Register Travel: Students must register travel through the International Travel Registry for Students, which will facilitate completion of the following requirements:
- Obtain University-approved, mandatory international travel, health, and security insurance (cost is $33/month or $8.75/week)
- Complete a release and waiver
- Provide 24-7 emergency contacts
- Complete online health and safety orientation
The Record is a monthly account of admissions, records, and student systems news published by Academic Support Resources at the University of Minnesota.
In 2010, the University Senate Committee on Educational Policy (SCEP) charged a Graduate School Policy Review Committee to review and update existing graduate education policies that were previously found in a variety of formats, including the Graduate School catalog and constitution. The committee completed its work in spring 2012. Graduate education policies will continue to be developed and reviewed under the direction of the Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Education, in consultation with faculty, staff and student stakeholders. Please contact email@example.com with questions or for more information.
University of Minnesota Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost, Karen Hanson, has developed a proposal to realign administrative support for post-baccalaureate education at the University based on a structure which groups programs into two communities: traditional research-based programs, and professional practice-based programs. The model is informed in part by the work of the Special Committee on Graduate Education (SCGE) in 2013.