Can I make changes to my approved committee?

To change an examining committee member, you must have either your Adviser or the Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) in your major field email The Graduate School's Student Services office at least two weeks prior to the examination. Please note that some graduate programs require the DGS to directly communicate committee changes to The Graduate School. Please confer with your graduate program office concerning your program's policy. Changes to an adviser or co-adviser must be communicated to The Graduate School by the DGS.

Return to all FAQs.