What are the requirements for submitting transcripts?

You must list on your online application each institution of higher learning from which you have earned credit. You must also submit transcripts or academic records for each of these institutions. This includes partial or incomplete transcripts.

Transcripts or academic records must be uploaded directly to the ApplyYourself online application. International students should also upload an English translation if the transcript is not in English. Please do not submit paper or fax copies of this material because it will cause delays in your application processing. Click here for more detailed instructions.

All transcripts and academic records uploaded to the online application are considered unofficial. You will only be asked to submit official transcripts or academic records if you are admitted. These must be submitted before you register and enroll at the University of Minnesota Duluth. If you have attended universities that issue official transcripts on request, you must have these materials sent to the Graduate School Admissions Office directly from the institution. An official, certified (signature and seal) English translation should be attached if the transcript is not in English.

Applicants who have been previously enrolled at the University of Minnesota (any campus) can obtain free electronic copies of their transcripts from OneStop student services. Applicants will upload these directly into AY. However, if they are admitted, these applicants do not have to pay for an official transcript. The Graduate School Admissions Office will retrieve official copies for them.

Return to all FAQs.