Request for Graduate Student Travel Support
These funds are to be used in partial support of travel by UMD graduate students for dissemination of their scholarly or artistic contributions associated with their graduate studies at UMD. Examples might be presentation of research from a Plan A thesis at an academic conference, or travel for performance as part of a Master of Music degree program. It is expected that the student will attempt to secure other support for travel through the advisor, program, department, and college.
What to do:
1. Download and fill out this form. Text entered in the browser window will not be saved, so please download the form before filling it out.
2. Save and email the form as an attachment to the Director of Graduate Studies in your program.
3. The DGS will email the attachment, with a brief statement of support, to the Interim Director of Graduate Education at UMD.
4. The Director will reply to the DGS, copying the student, and UMD Grad Office staff.
5. If approved, funds will be transferred to the graduate program department. Students should work with their program office to receive reimbursement for travel expenses up to the amount awarded.