Request for Graduate Student Travel Support
These funds are to be used in partial support of travel by UMD graduate students for dissemination of their scholarly or artistic contributions associated with their graduate studies at UMD. Examples might be presentation of research from a Plan A thesis at a disciplinary meeting, or an invitation to exhibit a sculpture, created as part of an MFA in Studio Arts at an exhibition. It is expected that the student will attempt to garner other support of the travel through the advisor, program, department, and college.
What to do:
1. Download and fill out this form.
2. Email it as an attachment to the Director of Graduate Studies in your program.
3. The DGS will email the attachment, with their approval, to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Graduate Education and Research at UMD.
4. The AVCGER will reply to the DGS, copying the student, and the UMD Grad Office staff person.
5. If approved, the UMD Grad Office staff person will facilitate the transfer of funds with the appropriate graduate program staff.