Frequently Asked Questions
- When will my application go to the graduate program?
- How do I get an application for admission?
- Can I begin processing an application for admission before I submit the application fee?
- What are the admission requirements?
- What are the requirements for submitting transcripts?
- Who makes the admission decision?
- How long until I get a decision letter from the Graduate School?
- Can I appeal if my application is rejected?
- What are the Graduate School and graduate program application deadlines?
- Can I apply to more than one graduate program at the same time?
- How can I defer admission?
- Should U of M students upload their own unofficial transcripts?
- What are the institution codes for standardized tests such as GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL? Should I use my program/department code instead?
- What is the GRE Subject Test? Do I need to take it?
- How do I check on the status of my official GRE, GMAT, or TOEFL scores?
- What are the TOEFL operational standards for admission?