Get a degree that's recognized everywhere and the chance to discover something no one else has ever known.
As you work on your master’s or doctoral degree, you'll work side-by-side with some of the brightest minds in your field—enjoying one-on-one access to faculty—conducting new and important inquiries in science, art, medicine and all of our fields of study.
In the end, you’ll earn a degree from the University of Minnesota—a highly-regarded diploma that can take you anywhere you want.
Graduate School Breakfasts. Welcome to a new year of Breakfasts! We invite you to join your graduate faculty and student colleagues for breakfast and creative thinking across disciplines! Speed Research talks will also continue this year.
Hot buffet breakfasts, sponsored by the EVCAA, the Graduate School, and now the Library, will be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in the Center Court Restaurant, beginning at 7:30am and ending at 9am. You are invited to arrive at any poin, and don't feel you have to stay for the entire time. We do ask, however, that you SIGN UP HERE.
Application for Degree. All graduate students who are finishing their program requirements and are ready to apply for their degree must do so online using the "Apply to Graduate" link inside their MyU Portal. The paper forms have been retired. Complete information is available in your graduation packet. Please contact the Graduate Office if you have any questions.
- Applied and Computational Mathematics, MS
- Business Administration, MBA
- Chemistry, MS
- Civil Engineering, MS
- Communication Sciences and Disorders, MA
- Computer Science, MS
- Education—Master of, MEd
- Education, Teaching, and Learning, EdD
- Electrical Engineering, MSEE
- Engineering Management, MSEM
- Engineering, Professional Master, MEng
- English, MA
- Environmental Education, Certificate
- Environmental Education, MEEd
- Environmental Health and Safety, MEHS
- Geological Sciences, MS
- Health Sciences Graduate Programs
- Integrated Biosciences, MS, Ph.D
- Liberal Studies, MLS
- Music, MM
- Physics, MS
- Psychological Sciences, MA
- Social Work, MSW
- Tribal Administration and Governance, MTAG
- Water Resources Science, MS, Ph.D