University of Minnesota Duluth
MyU | Search | People | Departments | Events | News

Forms and Documents


Prospective Students


Application Instructions

Graduate Education Catalog

Duluth Graduate Majors

International Student Services

UMD Writers' Workshop


Current Students




Change of Status


Certification of Foreign Language

Thesis Formatting and Submission (Master's Plan A and Doctoral Thesis)

Time Limits for Degree Completion (Request for Extension)

Handbook for Graduate Teaching Assistants - under revision

GTA Inclusive Classroom Resources


Degree Progress:


Graduate Degree Plan (ALL GRADUATE STUDENTS)

Assign/ Update Examining Committee

(PLEASE DO NOT USE if in MEEd, MEHS, MAPL, M.Ed, MSpEd, MTAG, and MEng. Please see your program coordinator for further assistance).

Petition Form (Changes to Graduate Degree Plan).
(PLEASE DO NOT USE if in MEEd, MEHS, MAPL, M.Ed, MSpEd, MTAG, and MEng. Please see your program coordinator for further assistance).

Request Registration Exception

(Submit a request to change your registration (e.g., add, drop, change your grade basis) after a deadline or to register for more than 18 credits).

Time Extension Request Form

Request a Graduation Packet


Special Purpose:


Commencement Attendance Questionnaire

Application for Degree. Apply to graduate online: MyU --> Academics --> Degree Progress --> "Apply to Graduate" link at the bottom of the page. You will not see this link if you have not passed certain milestones, and are not eligible to apply. Note: Do not apply to graduate more than one month in advance of your expected completion month. If you wish to apply earlier, or change your expected month of graduation, please send an email to (MEEd, MEHS, MAPL, M.Ed, MSpEd, MTAG, and MEng students) or

Academic Petition (Exceptions to Graduate School policy)

Graduate Student Travel Support

Leave of Absence (policy and forms)

Application for Advanced Master's Status

Application for Special Graduate Assistant Registration Status (SGARS)

Enrollment/Degree Verification. Request online: MyU --> Academics --> My Classes --> "Enrollment Verification" link under "Enrollment Tools". See the How-to Guide for instructions.

Thesis or Dissertation Hold Request

Deposit Agreement




Assign/Update Advisor (program staff only)

Graduate Admissions Toolkit

Statement on Conflict Resolution

DGS Roster (UMTC)

PLC Roster (UMTC)

Faculty with Graduate Education Responsibilities

ApplyYourself Application System

Academic Calenders

Orientation 2015 Powerpoint - coming soon

Graduate Student Travel Support

GTA Inclusive Classroom Resources

2014 Graduate Admissions Update


© University of Minnesota Duluth
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
Last modified on
University of Minnesota Campuses
Crookston | Duluth | Morris
Rochester | Twin Cities | Other Locations