Commencement is a celebration of all you have accomplished.
Participation is voluntary but graduates are encouraged to participate.
Students interested in participating in the upcoming commencement ceremony, who have not yet completed degree requirements should contact their Director of Graduate Studies.
UMD Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, May 16, 2015 at the Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center, Amsoil Arena.
There will be two separate ceremonies:
10:00 a.m. CEHSP, SFA, and CLA students
3:00 p.m. LSBE and SCSE students
Graduate students can only participate in one ceremony. If a student does not participate in the ceremony for which he or she is scheduled, the student will not be allowed to participate in any subsequent ceremony.
Graduating students must adhere to the following requirements and deadlines:
Graduation requirements for MEEd, MEHS, MAPL, M.Ed. MSpED, MTAG, and MEng programs
- Submit an Application for Degree by March 1st - Submit this form either by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or hard copy to UMD Grad School (431 Darland). Please see your program's coordinator for further assistance.
- Submit the Commencement Attendance Questionnaire by March 1st
Graduation requirements for all other graduate programs:
1. Submit an approved Graduate Degree Plan by the first day of the term in which you plan to graduate to the UMD Graduate Office (431 Darland). For more information regarding Master's Degree Requirements, please click here.
2. MA, MS, and PhD students must Assign/Update Your Examining Committee.
3. Graduates must next obtain the Application for Degree.
The Graduation Packet including the Application for Degree is available online for MA, MS, MSW, MBA, and PhD students, click here.
4. March 1 is the deadline to submit both the Application for Degree and the Commencement Attendance Questionnaire to the UMD Graduate Office to have your information included in the Commencement Program.
Additional requirements for those participating in Commencement Ceremonies
1. Students must obtain the proper academic attire at UMD Stores in order to participate in the ceremonies.
Purchase your cap, gown, hood, and tassel at Lower Level UMD Stores.
March 2015 in Kirby Ballroom is the UMD Grad Fair. A discount of 20% is available online on this date if you purchase our cap, gown, hood, and tassel at the Grad Fair.
Participating Doctorate degree students can find more information about their regalia by clicking here.
Participating Master degree students can find more information about their regalia by clicking here.
***NOTE: When ordering Graduation Hoods, please include your Discipline/Degree in the comments area.***
If participating students have any questions about the proper regalia and deadlines in which regalia needs to be ordered, please contact UMD Stores.
2. Details regarding this year's Commencement are available at UMD Commencement Information.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the UMD Graduate Office (218) 726-7523, or email email@example.com.