Requesting Key/Proximity Cards
- Access must be requested and authorized by your department
head, director or college dean. Forms can be requested by calling x6357
or E-mailing us at email@example.com.
You will be issued a pin number that will be required to send the request.
- When accessing the web site you will be asked for a
user name and password, these are the same as your E-mail account. Your pin
number is used at the end of the request form.
- Click on the appropriate door for your request.
- For all requests when asked for a department or contact phone number,
this should be the number of the person in your office who is ordering
the key, not the person who will be the key holder.
- When your key request has been processed you will be
contacted by someone in the Facilities Management office. The keys should
be picked up from 241 Darland unless prior arrangements have been made with
the key shop
- Request a proximity card
- Delete a proximity card
- Change current proximity card access (add or delete doors)
- Order a replacement card for worn or lost cards.
- Request keys
- Transferring of keys is not allowed. All keys must be returned
to the Key Shop or Human Resources when faculty, staff or students
leave a department, leave campus or are moved to a new office area
Special Event Access - Card readers only
- This should be used to request a door or doors with card readers
to be locked or unlocked during a specific time period. (sporting
events, meetings, open house, etc.
RETURNING KEYS/PROXIMITY CARDS
- Returned keys or proximity cards should be attached to the original
card or envelope they were issued on, if that is not available please
attach to a 3x5 card, listing the name of the person who held the key/card.
All keys/cards should be returned to 241 Darland - Key Shop or Human
LOST OR STOLEN KEYS
- Lost or stolen keys must be reported to both Facilities Managements
Key Shop and Campus Police immediately. There is a button the on
the Key Shop web site that allows you to do this in one step. Replacement
keys will not be issued until this has been done. When keys are reported
lost or stolen, re-keying of the lock may be considered. This decision
is made by the Key Shop with input from both the affected department
and Campus Police. Although there is no charge for the issuing of
keys, the re-keying process is chargeable to cover the labor and materials
necessary to change the cores. The affected department would be responsible
for this charge.
- When keys are found, they should be returned to 241
Darland - Key Shop or Campus Police
- Campus keys/proximity cards allow many
individuals access into areas that need to be secure. It is essential that
all departments do everything necessary to keep our system accurate and
- Every key or card issued is coded to the individual or department
named on the key request. It is important that they not be borrowed or transferred
to any other personnel. If it is discovered that a proximity card is being
used by someone other than who it was issued to, it will be deactivated immediately.
- When a person no longer needs access to an area, terminates employment, or
transfers to a new department, unneeded keys should be returned to 241 Darland
- Key Shop.
University of Minnesota Duluth Facilities Management Address: Darland 241 1049 University Drive, Duluth, MN 55812-3011 Phone: 218-726-8262