Employee Assistance Program
You are here
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides confidential professional consultation and referral services to address any personal or work concern that may be affecting your wellbeing. EAP services at UMD are provided by The Sand Creek Group, Ltd.
Confidential consultation is provided in areas that include:
- Work productivity
- Work relationships
- Conflict resolution
- Mental health
- Alcohol/substance abuse
- Adjustment to loss/change
- Coping with stress
EAP also provides consultation for administrators, supervisors, union representatives, or anyone in a leadership position.
Consultation areas for those in a leadership position include:
- Managing the people-side of change
- Performance issues
- Conduct issues
- Work climate
Counseling and consultation services are available via telephone or in-person with a professional counselor.
- At UMD: Bonnie Keeling, MPH, MSW is available for appointments on Thursdays at the Employee Health & Wellness Center (KPlz 247).
- Downtown Location: Northland Medical Center South 925 East Superior Street, Suite 107 Duluth, Minnesota 55805
- By Phone
- For an appointment, please call 218-481-7477 or 612-625-2820 during business hours.
- After hours calls to 888-243-5744 are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week for counseling or crisis services.
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.sandcreekeap.com
Employees and their immediate family members can request up to 8 sessions free of charge per issue if the employee is benefits eligible, even if they do not choose to enroll in UPlan insurance. There is no annual limit to the number of EAP sessions. An employee is considered benefits eligible if they work at least 50% time in an appointment that is 3 months or longer. This definition excludes Medical Residents and Graduate Assistants. Former employees and retirees of the University are also excluded, regardless of whether or not they are enrolled in the UPlan or another University sponsored medical plan.