Cooking & Meal Planning
You are here
Support for planning, prepping, and enjoying healthy meals!
Produce Prep Sessions
Prep produce from a CSA, Farmer's Market, or your own garden! Dietitian Amanda Joyce will provide recipes for using seasonal produce and can answer questions about preparing produce.
- Three sessions will be offered: July 18th, Aug 1st, Aug 8th
- All sessions are from 11am to noon in Grigg's Center
- Attend any session that works for you. Registration is free, but required to ensure we have equipment for all.
Meal Prep Express
Prep (cut, measure, mix) all ingredients for a complete meal. Go home with prepped ingredients and cooking instructions.
- Choose to prepare 2-3 servings, 4-6 servings, or 6+ servings (if you prepare 4-6 servings, you would get 4 pork chops or 2 lbs uncooked chicken breasts, for example).
- Session fees (will also be a fee for storage containers unless you bring your own, see below):
- 2-3 servings= $12
- 4-6 servings= $22
- 6+ servings= $33
- You will need storage containers to take home your prepared ingredients. Bring your own* or pay a $10 fee and they will be provided.
- Stay tuned for Fall 2018 session offerings and registration.
This free service provides a one week menu planner each month with five dinner recipes and grocery list.
To sign up, please contact Amanda Joyce at email@example.com or 218-726-8345.
Other Cooking Activities
Cooking demos and other hands-on activities are offered to foster healthy eating. Stay tuned for Fall 2018 offerings!
For events that charge fees to cover the cost of ingredients, an effort will be made to reschedule the session if event cancellation due to university closure or instructor illness occurs PRIOR to ingredients being purchased. If rescheduling is not possible and ingredients have not yet been purchased, the participants will be refunded the event fee. If the event is cancelled AFTER ingredients have been purchased, an effort will be made to reschedule when possible or if this is not possible, then the ingredients/recipes will be given to participants for their use at home, but refunds will not be issued.
Questions? Contact Amanda Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8345.