Community Supported Agriculture
You are here
Local, sustainable agriculture for a healthy workplace!
Golden Gardens CSA
Willow River, MN
Owners, Bruce & Roxy Schmidt
How Is This CSA Program Unique?
- Get fresh, local produce delivered to UMD every week! Pick-up is on Tuesdays from 3-5pm at free parking spots 123/124 (near Children's Place).
You do not have to commit to the entire season. Commit to the first two weeks to get started, and then commit to one week at a time. Each share is $25.00/week and half shares are $12.50/week.
- You can customize your share. Tell Bruce and Roxy if there are any items that you do not want to receive from the list below. They are also careful to avoid giving the same vegetables multiple weeks in a row and if available, can give you extra of produce that you enjoy most!
What Items Might Be Available?
Any of the below items may be provided in your weekly CSA share. Please let Bruce & Roxy know if you do not want any of the following:
- Beans (green/purple/yellow)
- Cabbage (red/green)
- Peas (old fashioned, sugar snap, and snow varieties)
- Potatoes (red)
- Squash (summer and winter)
- Tomatoes (slicing and cherry)
- Farm fresh eggs
- Fresh jam
- Homemade bread
- Maple syrup
Specialized Shares to Be Sold Separately:
- Whole chickens and 1/4 or 1/2 pork share are available separately for an additional cost, please contact Bruce/Roxy to learn more.
How Do I Sign Up?
Meet the farmers in person! On March 16th (11am-1pm) and March 28th (2-4pm), Bruce and Roxy will be at the Employee Health & Wellness Center (247 Kirby Plaza by the Food Court) to offer information and assist with sign up. Payment in cash or check, please.
Call, text, email, or Facebook message to let them know you are interested in shares. Include your name, phone number, email, and list any items that you do not want to receive. Pay when you come to pick up your first share with cash/check.
Contact Information for Bruce & Roxy at Golden Gardens CSA:
By phone call/leave a message: 218-658-4860
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Facebook: Send a message to Roxy Schmidt
- On pick up days (Tuesdays) by text only: 320-333-4602