Group Lifestyle or Nutrition Coaching
You are here
Pursuing Wellbeing as a Group
Participants are awarded 250 Wellbeing Points for achieving required session attendance. Points are only given for one group activity per year.
2017-2018 Program Year
- Wellbeing Speaker Series (attend 7 of these monthly workshops and earn 250 points)
- "Intuitive Eating"-8 week session
Group Health Coaching: Book Club Edition
In The Gifts of Imperfection, Brené Brown, a best selling author and leading expert on shame, authenticity, and belonging, shares what she's learned from a decade of research on the power of Wholehearted Living--a way of engaging with the world from a place of worthiness.
In her ten guideposts, Brown engages our minds, hearts, and spirits as she explores how we can cultivate the courage, compassion, and connection to wake up in the morning and think that we are brave, self fulfilled, and worthy even when we are afraid and vulnerable.
In this special book club edition of Group Health Coaching, we’ll be exploring 10 guideposts in “The Gifts of Imperfection” and discuss and applying the concepts into daily life in meaningful ways.
Dates: Tuesdays October 24-December 12
Locations: Garden Room *(11/14 & 12/12 in KSC 335)
Facilitator: Rachel Gilbertson, M.Ed
*You do not need to be a UPlan member to participate in this program.
*UPlan Members: By attending 7 out of 8 available Group Health Coaching meetings, you will earn 250 Group Health Coaching Wellbeing Points, if you have not already completed group health coaching during the 2017-18 academic year.
Cooking For Wellness Beginner Class
Learn to confidently prepare whole foods at home with instruction/demonstration, hands-on practice, copies of class recipes, and of course, eating!! See what we'll be cooking.
- Wednesdays, 10:30am-12:30pm on Oct 18th, 25th & Nov 1st, 8th
- Cancellation make up session on Friday, Nov 17th (same time)
- All sessions are held in Griggs Center
- Participants required to assist with clean up during the session
- This program is eligible for wellness program points
- Limited to UMD employees/their spouses for a fee of $100 per participant, 50% to be reimbursed via direct deposit (we are required to tax this reimbursement).
- Click here for online registration
Group Lifestyle & Health Coaching sessions vary each semester. Stay tuned for future offerings.
Prior Offerings in Fall/Spring 2017 Included:
- "The Gifts of Imperfection Book Club" -8 week session
- "Making a Change for Good"-6 week session
With questions about Group Coaching options, please contact email@example.com.