You are here
A balanced, nutritious diet is at the foundation of a healthy lifestyle. Dining Services recognizes that people are unique with varied palates, so we strive to provide a variety of choices at all of our locations, including healthy and locally procured foods. In addition, a Registered Dietitian is employed by Dining Services to assist students in finding a balance in their food choices on campus.
Appointments are free to all UMD students. Contact the Dietitian to set up an appointment.
Alyssa Hammitt, MPH, RD, LD
Phone: (218) 726-7938
Nutrition counseling is available for a variety of concerns.
- Diabetes mellitus or impaired glucose tolerance
- Celiac disease, non-celiac gluten sensitivity, and gluten free diets
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Food allergies and intolerances
- Iron-deficiency anemia
- Vegetarian or vegan diets
- Healthy meal planning
- Weight management
- Disordered eating practices
- Nutrition for exercise and athletic performance
Nutrition & Allergen Information
Nutrition facts and allergen information can be found online and at each dining location on campus. If you have questions regarding ingredients or nutritional content of foods served on campus, contact the Dietitian.