Academic and Career News
Google on Campus Oct. 19th!
Doug Dunham Paper Presentations Summer 2015
UROP Info Session
Your Future Computer Science Career...
If you are a typical graduate from UMD's Dept. of Computer Science, you will:
- Have the highest probability of getting a career job for any major (see STEM employment projections for 2018).There are more jobs than CIS and CS graduates (see job prospects graph).
- Have a starting salary between $40,000 and $68,000. (based on surveys of UMD graduates)
- Have one of the "best jobs" of any career (source)
- Be able to live anywhere you choose - most UMD CIS and CS graduates choose to stay in Minnesota
- CIS and CS Job Postings: (maintained by the CS Dept.)
- UMD Career Services: Schedules of on-campus recruiters and job fairs, as well as a Career Handbook for assistance in conducting a job search.
- CIS and CS Careers and Internships: A listing of opportunities for internships and employment, including a site for posting your resume. This site is maintained by the Department of Computer Science.
- Minneapolis Star Tribune Job Web: Positions advertised in the Minneapolis Star Tribune and general information about searching for a job.
- AfterCollege Career Network Listings
- ACM Career and Job Center: The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) is the principal professional organization for computing professionals. They maintain a comprehensive website of job and career resources.
- Sample of Job Placement for Recent CIS and CS Grads
- Computer Science Internships (Dr. Colburn links)
- Local Company Websites (Dr. Colburn links)
- Regional Company Websites (Dr. Colburn links)