Current Job Openings
Compudyne Duluth, Systems Admin
Compudyne, Inc. - Duluth, MN
Systems Administrator, Full-Time Experienced
Be a part of something big. Compudyne is celebrating 25 years of supporting businesses, large and small, with IT resources that drive success. We're the region's leading provider of remote and on-site IT services, network consulting, hardware/software installation and high speed business internet services. Most importantly, we explore cutting-edge, secure solutions that help our clients become more efficient and more connected.
Find your niche.
As a Systems Administrator, you are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure. In this dynamic role, you'll collaborate with exceptional people, participating in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This is a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment, so you'll need to be up for a challenge. Here's a taste of the variety you get working with Compudyne:
Engineering & Provisioning:
- Install/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches for system administration tasks.
- Deploy, monitor, audit, document and maintain the lifecycles of various products, services.
Operations and Support:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, and review system and application logs.
- Support various cloud products, technologies, and their associated components, including the following technologies: web filtering, hosted servers and exchange, anti-spam, secure mail, backup solutions and endpoint technologies.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Troubleshoot implementation and service issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
Enhancing Customer Relations:
- Interpret and discuss information with others and regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues.
- Demonstrate professional attitude with client over the phone, on-site and through emails to resolve all client project requests/questions.
We appreciate our employees and want to prove it. Compudyne combines extremely competitive wages with an excellent bonus package that includes Medical, Dental, Group Life and Disability Insurance, 401K and PTO. We also provide numerous perks to continually thank you for your hard work. Just ask!
Going in, you need to have an Associate's Degree and 2+ years of progressive experience in the IT industry. To stand out as a candidate, you'l have a strong understanding of the following:
-Virtualization Technologies: primarily Microsoft & VMWare technologies and their configurations.
-Storage Area Network with client connectivity via fiber channel or ISCSI technologies.
-Network Technologies such as TCP/IP, firewalls, SSL VPN appliances and IPSEC tunneling.
-Incredible customer service skills.
-Certifications such as Microsoft MCSE, VMWare VCP and/or Cisco CCNA.
-Strong desire for personal and professional development.
-Ability to identify and evaluate trends in industry best practice policies.
- Degree(s) Seeking or Attained (select all that apply): Associate, Bachelors
306 W. Michigan St. Suite 200, Duluth, MN 55802
Phone: 218-729-0920 ext. 205, Fax: 218-263-3626
Amazon - Seattle
Amazon - Seattle
This work involves massive scale software engineering to support infrastructure expansion of Amazon worldwide. The language of choice is mostly Python and the problems involve supply chain processes. There is also a need for a Unix / Developer systems engineer.Author: cfordComments
Internships at Valspar Corp
Below are links to opportunities posted at Valspar for both an IT Programmer Analyst internship and Network Analyst Internship. A UMD student had the network analyst internship last summer and is currently hired full time so it’s a great opportunity.
Maverick Consulting - Multiple Openings
Maverick Software Consulting
Maverick Software Consulting puts students to work on projects with real companies. Students can work remotely during the school year, and possibly work on site during the summer.
UMD currently has a number of students working with Maverick, and more are needed. To apply, see:
United Health Mennetonka - JAVA Developer
United Health Group in Minnetonka, MN
Note that if you are not graduating this spring, you can still speak with them about their Training Program.
We are very open to hiring international students and filing for their work visa and green card.
About the Job
UnitedHealth Group is seeking a full time entry-level Java Developer. In this role, you will be accountable for delivering world-class solutions in support of our Public Sector clients. Developers typically have a demonstrated interest in information technology and business, strong problem-solving abilities, and excellent interpersonal skills. This is a 6-month contract-to-hire position located in Minnetonka, MN.
* 1+ years of application development experience
* Proven success using and driving a repeatable, iterative software development methodology
* Bachelor's Degree
* CQ5 experience (Highly preferred)
* Scrum/Agile experience
* Experience with AJAX
* Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence business leadership and technologists
* Experience delivering web-based technology solutions to meet business needs
* Experience with REST, WSDL, SOAP, XML Schemas, JDBC
* Experience with HTML, WebSphere, Hibernate, JQuery
* Experience with offshore resources
* Knowledge of the healthcare industry
Luke J. Trepanier
Maritz Consulting Group, Inc.
6109 Blue Circle Drive, Suite 1000
Minnetonka, MN 55343Author: cfordComments
Medtronic Minneapolis, Multiple Openings
Medtronic - Minneapolis
Software Engineer Positions
Zhiren Lu, a 2014 UMD CS graduate, is currently working as a software engineer at Medtronic Inc. in the Minneapolis area. He reports that the company is now hiring CS graduates for full time software engineer positions.
If interested you can contact him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will put you in contact with the right people.Author: cfordComments
Spok Inc Tech Specialist - Home Based
Spok Inc. - Technical Implementation Specialist
Location - This individual can be located anywhere in the U.S. as this is a home-based position. Initial training and onboarding will take place out of our Eden Prairie, MN office.
Spok is seeking technology field students who have graduated or are graduating shortly for Software Implementation openings we have! The Technical Implementation Specialist will travel to customer sites approximately 70%+ of the time to install, setup, troubleshoot, and train customers on our unique enterprise software solutions. Non-travel days will be spent resolving issues from the previous site and preparing for the next site(s). This is a great opportunity for a recent college grad in a technical field or a seasoned technology professional with years of experience!
- Respond, troubleshoot, and resolve issues and problems discovered while installing Spok applications at a customer site, escalating issues where appropriate.
- Provide proactive resolutions to developing problems, and suggest modifications that may result in a permanent fix to a problem.
- Direct and perform follow up as necessary to complete projects and elicit customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with customers as primary contact during the implementation process.
- Follow installation standards, project plans, and related documentation to ensure a high level of success during the implementation process.
- Evaluate and report on project outcomes, customer satisfaction, and customer concerns for follow up.
- Previous technical/software implementation experience preferred
- Understanding of new system implementation and installation processes
- Prior experience in computer terminology and practices
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong customer service
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team and maintain a pleasant manner in stressful situations
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude, quickly acquiring and applying skills and knowledge in a timely manner
- Proficiency with Linux or similar technology (i.e. UNIX)
- Oracle database
- VPN solutions
- CTI (Computer-telephone integration)
NTERNSHIP - bswing Web Developer intern email@example.com
The bswing Web Developer Internship program is designed to give students "real world" experience by working side-by-side with the technology group to develop rapid prototypes, custom applications, technical specifications, and content management and e-commerce solutions.
We're a small shop with a fun and diverse set of clients, which guarantees you'll get exposure to a wide range of projects and technical challenges. We want to make sure you get the most out of your internship, which means we will pair you with a mentor who shares your career interests and who will work closely with you to develop your skills.
This is a paid, full-time internship. 6 weeks, with potential to extend an additional 6 weeks.
What you'll be working on:
* You'll join a project team and will begin by shadowing and assisting the technology lead; our goal is to have you assume a key developer role on a project within a few weeks
* Over the course of the internship, you will...
- Create detailed documentation and functional specifications (e.g., instructions, defect reports, flow charts)
- Help build and maintain server applications
- Get inspired by well-designed code
- Collaborate with design team on how to craft effective and engaging interactive experiences
- Learn how projects move through the process from proposal to design to development to delivery
- Hang out on our roof top patio and tour the amazing North Loop neighborhood
What we're looking for:
* New graduate with a Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, CIS, MIS, or related degree
* Familiarity with content management systems, such as WordPress, Drupal, Kentico, and SiteCore
* Strong interest in learning
* Promising technical aptitude
* Appreciation of good design
* Great communication skills
* Familiarity with object-oriented programming is a plus
Please send a note and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please include links to examples of your work.
bswing brings smart design to life. We partner with clients seeking to create products and experiences that matter, and organizations large and small that aspire to do remarkable things. Join us!
bswing - 700 N Washington Ave #102, Minneapolis MN 55401-1156
612.436.1160 V I 612.436.1135 F I www.bswing.comAuthor: cfordComments
Multiple openings - Citon, Duluth
Citon - Duluth, MN
ArcelorMittal IT Job - Northern MN
Arcelor Mittal Mining
ArcelorMittal Mining in northern Minnesota. Has an opening for an Information Technology associate. If interested please contact Gary E. Kleffman, Manager Human Resources, at email@example.com
ArcelorMittal Minorca Iron Mining
5950 Old U.S. Highway 53
Virginia, MN 55792 USA
Marvin Windows - Sr Programmer Job, Eagan or Warroad, MN
Marvin Windows and Doors, Eagan, MN or Warroad, MN
Senior Programmer Analyst (Entry Level)
Position Information: 140162
Hours per Week: 40
Employment Start Date: ASAP
Full Time Regular
We are currently seeking an Application Programmer Analyst (Entry Level) to join the Information Systems department at our Eagan, MN or Warroad, MN locations. This position will work closely with other team members to design and code solutions to meet business needs.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Work as part of a team creating specifications, design documents and writing code in accordance with programming standards
* Programming utilizing the appropriate hardware and Oracle database and development tools to create, modify and test and troubleshoot programs
* Conduct unit tests
* Review code developed by other team members, testing adequacy and documentation
* Contribute to feature and functionality planning
* Work closely with other team members
Qualifications: Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
* Preferred: Knowledge and expertise in relational database technology such as Oracle SQL, IBM DB2, or MS-SQL
* Preferred: Knowledge and expertise programming with a programming language such as Java, VB.NET, or XML
* Preferred: Experience in a manufacturing setting a plus
Education / Experience:
* 4-year degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field
* Legally authorized to work in the US for any employer
View Complete Listing & Contact Information:
2020 Silver Bell Rd Ste 15
Eagan, MN, 55122
Essentia Health IT Internship - Duluth
Essentia Health (Duluth)
IT Security Administrator Internship
Auto req ID: 21955BR
Type: Temporaty - Part Time
Hourly Minimum: $10.00
Essentia Health offers competitive salary and benefits that include medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, flex spending accounts, retirement plans, paid time off, and continuing education including tuition reimbursement.
Provides specialized security administration and monitoring services for all Essentia Health operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals. Responsibilities include security administration functions to identify improper use and administering employee system access. Provides Second Level Support for various application issues involving employee or third-party system access to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification. Other responsibilities include educating users on computer security, developing and maintaining documentation. All functions have the ultimate goal of ensuring Essentia Health computer systems are not compromised. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers and others.
Job Skills Description: Education and/or years experience required:
* Currently enrolled in an accredited school working toward a degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Information Management or equivalent.
* General knowledge of enterprise technology to include desktop, server, network and Active Directory administration
* Basic knowledge of supported computer platforms, operating systems, and security
See Full Description and Apply At:
Internships at Health Partners Duluth
Computer Science/MIS Internship
Computer Science or Management Information Systems Student interested in full-time/part-time internship position in Duluth
Looking for an excellent opportunity to showcase your computer expertise? The HealthPartners Duluth Regional Technology Center is seeking an intern with an interest in developing their skills. This highly motivated candidate will work on various projects in HealthPartners business systems
Apply@ HealthPartners.com/careers ofAuthor: cfordComments