Current Job Openings
Health Partners - Duluth, MN
Web Support Intern
Looking for an excellent opportunity to showcase your computer expertise? The HealthPartners Duluth Regional Technology Center is seeking an intern with an interest in developing their computer programming, quality assurance and web development skills. This highly motivated candidate will work on various projects related HealthPartners business systems.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist the Regional Technology Center team with IS&T project support. This is a full-time paid ($10/hour) position, working up to 40 hours per week with a flexible schedule.
* Assist experienced programmers with process enhancements
* Assist with Quality assurance activities
* Help develop up-to-date documentation
* Assist with team website maintenance and enhancements
* Other computer related projects
* Enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Management Information Systems program or Computer Science program
* Excellent computer skills, must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Experience in computer programming languages
* Excellent listening and writing skills
* Must be flexible
* Excellent communication skills
* Able to work independently and in a team setting
* Interest in healthcare field
To Apply:HealthPartners is nationally acclaimed for providing outstanding patient care. HealthPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To see a complete job description and/or to apply for this position, please visitwww.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #39123.Author: cfordComments
SW Eng at Intel - Oregon
Intel - Hillsboro, OR
Software Engineering Web Development
This message comes from Luke Johansen, a 2015 UMD CS graduate who is now at Intel, regarding a software engineering web development position at Intel:
Richfield Public Schools Systems Admin
Richfield Public Schools
Technology Systems Administrator
Richfield Public Schools is looking for a Technology Systems Administrator to join our technology team. The technology department provides infrastructure and technology support for approximately 4,200 students and 600 employees between 8 buildings. Our environment includes approximately 1,600 desktop/ laptop computers and 900 student personal learning devices (Chromebooks & iPads). Our district continues to expand digital learning opportunities through increased personal learning devices. Our infrastructure was completely rebuilt and redesigned in the summer of 2015 and contains all new Extreme Network equipment, Extreme wireless, NEC VOIP phones, AVST voicemail, dedicated HVAC data closets, and wiring. Application and detailed job description is on-line at https://t.co/gPTMNbp8NE
Anthony M. Padrnos; Ed.S.firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Technology
Richfield Public Schools612-798-6028
Duluth YMCA Info Tech Specialist
Duluth Area Family YMCA
Information Technology Specialist - Intern
Position Summary: Provide technology troubleshooting, network support, and training on the Y's technology infrastructure.
1. Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to technology, including computers, printers, copies, phones, and fitness technology.
2. Monitor network status and provide maintenance and updates.
3. Assist with long range technology planning and budgeting.
4. Provide group and one-on-one training to staff.
5. Work with service providers and consultants from the community.
We are very open to using your creative ideas and knowledge to enhance your experience during your internship. This position has flexibility for creativity and new ideas.
YMCA Competencies: Mission Advancement:
Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising. Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others. Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members. Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Pursuing AAS/BS/BA in Computer Sciences, IT, or other related field.
2. Experience with basic troubleshooting of Windows-based systems.
3. Able to work both on own initiative and as part of a team.
4. Knowledge Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange preferred.
Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and experience with WordPress preferred
Interns do receive a YMCA membership during their internship. They also will receive a great experience working in the non-profit sector with one of the largest non-profit organizations in the nation. We will work with you and your school to assist you in receiving college credit. It is the responsibility of the student to determine if academic credit is available through his/her degree program.
Contact Information: Gina Miller Volunteer & Internship Coordinator Duluth Area Family YMCA 302 West First Street | Duluth, MN 55802 (P) 218 722 4745 ext 159 (F) 218 722 4746 (E) email@example.com (W) www.duluthymca.org
* YMCA Internship Application (found at www.duluthymca.org)
* Cover Letter
* Two letters of recommendation
Gina Miller Volunteer & Internship Coordinator Duluth Area Family
YMCA 302 West First Street | Duluth, MN 55802
(P) 218 722 4745 ext 159 (F) 218 722 4746 (E) firstname.lastname@example.org (W) www.duluthymca.orgAuthor: cfordComments
Genus Technologies, SW Engineer - Minneapolis, MN
Genus Technologies LLC
Opportunity: Associate Software Engineer
Genus Technologies is a Minneapolis-based company that's changing the way businesses collaborate using rich media, video, and other business content. We deliver complete software and services solutions that help organizations realize the value of their enterprise content. We are proud to be an IBM Premier Business Partner and a Kofax Diamond Certified Solution Provider. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do!
Now, our growing team needs an Associate Software Engineerto join our technical team to join our product development team.
Who YOU are
You may be a greatfit for this position if:
- You are looking for a fun and challenging opportunity to start out your career!
- You are a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment!
- You use creative problem solving techniques and enjoy the skills acquisition process!
- You like working collaboratively in teams to develop great solutions!
- You like a company that helps you evolve into your optimal career/growth path!
- You welcome the opportunity to demonstrate your particular technology skills and talent!
As an Associate Software Engineer you will work within our Product Development team, primarily on server side development. You will have the opportunity to learn about our products, technologies, and solutions first-hand. Specifically, you will:
- Troubleshoot and solve code level problems
- Create automated unit and integration tests
- Assist with developing new product features
- Document and execute Acceptance Tests
- Automate Acceptance Tests when/where possible
- Participate in Deployment Testing exercises as needed
Education and Experience
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience with MS Office products including Office, Word, and Excel required
- Experience with or knowledge of development and/or programming desired
How to Apply
Mary K. Serr
Genus Technologies LLC
Human Resources ManagerAuthor: cfordComments
Maverick Software - Eagan MN
Maverick Software Consulting is looking for talented and highly motivated co-op students to work with our clients. You will be part of a software development team helping our clients develop their software. You will work side by side with the development team at clients office in Eagan MN. This experience is what employers are looking for. See what some of our students have to say...http://www.mavericksoftware.com/Students.aspx
* Develop new features for applications and collaborate with business unit and other developers on potential solutions
* Organize and prioritize group tasks for key project initiatives, architecture investments, and support
* Gather requirements, design, code, test and implement according to design specifications
* Follow Agile development best practices and proactively offer improvements to the agile development process on a routine basis
* Follow test first TDD practices and other initiatives to build in quality to development deliverables
* Consult with project lead on identification of problems and suggest solutions for the resolution of coding issues
* Work with leaders to execute projects to successful delivery
* Re-engineer current systems to allow for flexibility, stability, and scalability while preserving existing functionality
* Investigate and resolve issues in development, test and production environments
* Leverage OO designs and apply working knowledge of design patterns, data and business modules
Apply Online at Author: cfordComments
Hennepin County IT Jobs
Hennepin County Job Opportunities
If you are looking for student opportunities such as internship or traineepositions, please click here to visit our internship page.
- Jobs are listed in alphabetical order.
- Jobs are open to both external applicants and current Hennepin County employees.
- To apply, click on a job title in the listing below and select apply.
- If you're applying for the first time, you will create an account after you click on 'apply'.
- If you've applied before, use your existing account information or click forgot username/password.
- All application materials, including resumes and veteran's preference documentation, must be submitted by 5:00 pm on the posted closing date.
- Include all your relevant education and experience – incomplete applications may be rejected.
If you submit more than one application for the same position, the most recent application will be used.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to actively participate in the employment process, please email us at HR.ServiceCenter@hennepin.us
or call us at 612.348.7855.
Hennepin County provides equal access to employment, programs and services without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex (except when sex is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, public assistance or national origin. If you believe you have been discriminated against, contact the Human Resources Department, A-400 Government Center, Minneapolis, MN 55487, 612-348-7855.Author: cfordComments
2016 STEM Scholarship Applications
We are currently accepting applications for the Minnesota High Tech Association Foundation (MHTF) Scholarship. The scholarships are for Minnesota undergraduate students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) disciplines. These awards range from $2,500 to $5,000 awards and can include internship opportunities at MHTA member companies. MHTF supports diversity in this application and award process.
* Must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in a STEM field or in STEM teaching
* Only students with sophomore through senior academic status in the current school year may apply. Sophomore status may include students who have achieved this status through advanced placement (AP) credit or post-secondary options (PSEO)s
* Applicants must be enrolled at an accredited, Minnesota-based higher education institution.
* In addition to traditional STEM fields, health science majors whose studies will not lead to participation in direct patient care are welcome to apply.
* Scholarships will be awarded in the fall term of 2016 and presented to recipients at MHTA's Tekne Awards in November. Students must be enrolled at time of award.
Deadline for application is April 1, 2016
Director of STEM Education & Workforce Development
Minnesota High Tech Association (MHTA)
MHTA fuels Minnesota's prosperity through innovation and technology.Author: cfordComments
UMD Business Systems CS & Account Mgnt
UMD - Business/Systems Analyst 1
This position reports directly to the Director of Budget and Analysis, working independently and performing duties with minimal supervision. The incumbent collects data used to analyze the budgetary impacts of human resource initiatives, personnel actions and other compensation changes, in addition to providing ad hoc research and analysis for campus departments.
The Office of Budget and Analysis is responsible for the high level budgetary and analytical functions for the UMD campus and senior leadership.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Business/Management/Computer Science from accredited institution; or a combination of related education and work experience to equal four years
* Work experience in programming, data mining, financial analysis
* Advanced Excel skills including advanced and conditional formulas, tables and formatting, pivot tables and charts; as well as prior work experience with presentation and web development software, and relational databases
* Experience with a variety of University of Minnesota systems (e.g., EFS, HRMS, Data Warehouse, EGMS, TFMS)
* Thorough knowledge of and experience with PeopleSoft
* Provide high-level data gathering and research
* Understand the functionality of the University's various data systems (EFS, HRMS, PeopleSoft Query, nVision, Crystal, etc.), with a particular focus on human resource and position management financial implications , and University of Minnesota business practices as they impact the campus budget
* Analyze vacancies in Position Management against salary budgets to assess potential over-allocation of ongoing vacant positions
* Competently develop queries in the systems to address ad hoc reporting requests; interpret and communicate information; solicit or select appropriate information and best method or format for delivering it either in writing or verbally ; clearly convey ideas on non-routine subjects
* Develop and maintain test budget model scenarios and cases, based on human resources or compensation changes
* Perform compensation to budget studies across campus
* Provide high-level analysis and communications
* Possess analytical skills and an ability to interpret and communicate information; solicit or select appropriate information and best method or format for delivering it, either in writing or verbally; and clearly convey ideas on non-routine subjects
* Communicate information on complex financial issues and subjects using various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports
* Monitor proposed changes brought to the Board of Regents or Human Resources across the institution, to forecast the financial implications
* Prepare responses to internal/external financial inquiries in conjunction with University Marketing and Public Relations
* Prepare responses to various internal and external budget
Provide in-house assistance to departments in addressing budgetary impact from human resources actions under consideration
* Prepare communication and presentation materials related to campus budgets, initiatives or operational projects and maintain related websites and biogs using presentation software (PowerPoint, Prezi, etc.), web development software (Oreamweaver , Drupal), Google Blogger, etc.
* Participate in team meetings as appropriate
About the Department
* Our Mission: The mission of the UMD Business Services is to support the overall budget of the campus by providing the accounting, financial information, reporting services and collections needed by the university as a whole and UMD specifically.
* Our Philosophy: In support of the University's Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Plan, Business Services is committed to providing high quality service as a foundation for UMD's academic and administrative programs. In striving to consistently deliver the best service possible, we will:
- Take personal responsibility for providing service that is convenient, prompt, and efficient in a courteous, welcoming, friendly and inclusive atmosphere.
- Act with integrity in everything we do.
- Work as a unified team to improve service quality for our customers.
- Follow the Maroon and Golden Rule: Treat all others as we would like to be treated.
- Solicit feedback from customers in order to improve programs and services offered as processes evolve.
- Benchmark our business processes within the field of higher education.
To view full listing and to apply go to follow directions below
1. Select the below link to access our site.
2. Sign In to access your account, or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
If you are a current University of Minnesota employee, please use the following link instead:Author: cfordComments
Summer Research Program NYC
CUNY''s Summer 2016 NSF Research Experiences
Undergraduates (REU) program
CUNY''s Summer 2016 NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program "Computational Methods in High Performance Computing with Applications to Computer Science" is open to Junior and Senior students. This year's program runs from 6/6 to 8/12/2016. For application and other pertinent information, please visit their REU website: http://www.cs.csi.cuny.edu/REU
Why Should You Apply?
* Research opportunities in emerging computational methods at the on-campus state-of-the-art High Performance Computing (HPC) facilities.
* 0-week summer undergraduate research program.
* $5,000 stipend, up to $600 for travel expenses, with lodging and meals provided.
* Field trips and social activities in New York City. Author: cfordComments
Internship - Essentia Health Duluth
IS Internship - ERP Applications, Position
Department: Information Services
Location: Peerless Building
The intern will perform a variety of technical support duties to ensure the timely installation, modification of Electronic Health Record (EHR), or support and repair of desktop and mobile information technology. Provides end users with first level support covering a wide variety of questions on systems, software, hardware, peripherals, services, etc. Responsibilities also include investigating assigned requests for services; researching and developing solutions to issues and requests; moving existing and installing new/upgraded end user equipment and software; troubleshooting and repairing desktop and mobile hardware and software; assisting users in effectively utilizing information technology; performing associated administrative/documentation tasks; assisting with internal process improvement initiatives; and maintaining up-to-date job knowledge. Routes more complex problems to other first, second or third level support following procedures. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers and others.
NOTE: This Position will work in our ERP Applications department.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
* Junior or senior level student currently enrolled in an accredited school working toward a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Health Information Management or equivalent.
* General knowledge of desktop and mobile hardware and software
* Basic knowledge of supported computer platforms, operating systems, and security
TO VIEW COMPLETE LISTING AND TO APPLY:
Employment Specialist, Recruitment and Staffing Support
Essentia Health - East Region
Human Resources | HR SSB6
407 East 3rd Street, Duluth, MN 55805
Essentia Web Intern
Essentia - Duluth, MN
Essentia Health Information Services has a need for an intern with web-related skills. A junior is preferable, as you would have the opportunity to work part-time during the school year and full-time during the Summer months, then back to par-time for Senior year. You will be trained to get up to speed in Essentia's systems and processes. If interested, contact:Author: cfordComments
Manager ERP Applications
Information Services P240
532 E. 1st Street, Duluth, Mn. 55805
UMD Med School - CS Job
UMD Med School
End User Support 2
Job ID: # 307081
* BA/BS degree in related field and two (2) years relevant work experience, or a combination of related education and work experience in end user support and problem resolution to equal six (6) years.
* Significant experience supporting Mac OS and Apple hardware (desktops and laptops).
* Familiarity with Microsoft Windows 7, 8 & 10.
* Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting a variety of applications as requested by customers.
* Experience supporting ITV systems (Polycom, Tandberg/Cisco).
* Strong customer service skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Experience utilizing JAMF Casper and Active Directory (AD) to manage computer inventory.
* Experience with classroom tech (audio, video, projection, etc).
* Team focused personality with experience in a team environment.
* Ability to address advanced technical enhancements and requests for service.
Lead technical support position in the Medical School Duluth campus providing multi-level end user support. Reports to Associate Dean for Curriculum, Medical Education & Technology. Work with the Associate Dean to develop goals and roles for department. Oversee other technical staff to include scheduling, effort prioritization and performance evaluation.
* Ensure that the technical needs in Medical School Duluth (DMED) campus are understood and met.
* Along with other DMED IT staff, provide level 1 and 2 end user support specifically for MacOS and Windows systems, exam administration software (Examsoft), classroom recording systems (Mediasite), ITV (Polycom/Tandberg), curriculum management system (BlackBag), Microsoft Office, printing, mobile devices, classroom services (projectors, sound etc), Google apps and others as requested.
* NOTE: in this office there is little distinction between levels of support. All staff must be able to handle both simple and complex situations.
* Develop procedures to ensure that policies are being followed and are in line with AHCIS policies & procedures.
* Coordinate DMEDDIT technical staff to ensure necessary coverage and prioritize effort. This would efforts in IT research support and web design and support.
* Ensure customer requests (incidents) are resolved and tracked.
* Coordinate service team staff meetings.
* Research and respond to administration requests for new technology.
* Notify management of training needs and opportunities for support team and individuals
* Assist with training of new team members.
* Ensure that IT audit requirements are met and maintained, using Casper and AD to maintain and manage computer inventory.
* Work with other staff to develop training for faculty, staff and students targeted toward our users specific needs. (Google, BlackBag, ExamSoft, MS Office etc.
* Act as technical representative to other IT groups in the University including MEDIS, AHCCIS, OIT in the Twin Cities and ITSS in Duluth. Attend meetings as deemed appropriate.
* Work with BlackBag developers to coordinate efforts for identified bi-campus needs.
* Evaluate need and purchase tech related equipment and supplies including, but not limited to, projectors, computers, classroom recording and video conferencing solutions.
* Consult on and act as liaison with larger tech projects as they arise (network projects, Active Learning spaces, etc.)
* Work with vendors and server admins to ensure that classroom recording systems (Mediasite), exam delivery (ExamSoft), ITV (Polycom etc) are kept up to date and reliably working.
* Current UMD Employees - Access jobs through: My U, Key Links, Employee Center, My Resources, Employment/Jobs
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Activities" page and uploading documents there.
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
Essentia Health Duluth - Platforms Tech
Find more than a job. Find more in yourself.
Find your calling. Essentia Health seeks employees who embrace our commitment to patient-and family-centered care in communities both large and small. We're looking for people who are committed to making patients and their families feel known and understood. People who understand what it means to be Here with you.
People who are willing to use their strengths to help others.
Communication Platforms Technician
Under direction of other technicians and supervisor, applies basic and develops advanced skills in the repair and maintenance of a variety of telecom/datacom equipment and cabling. Responsibilities include: Providing quality technician services for repair and installation of less complex telecom equipment (phones, teleconferencing units, report printers, etc.) and cabling; assisting department with various databases and spreadsheets; and performing preventive maintenance in accordance with schedule. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
Reference req#25599BR on the career site.
- Completion of technical school coursework in electronics, telecommunications, related field, or equivalent.
- Less than one year job related experience.
Essentia Health offers competitive salary and benefits that include medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability, flex spending accounts, retirement plans, paid time off, and continuing education including tuition reimbursement.
To apply to this opportunity or others available at Essentia Health,
Quality Hospitality Respect Justice Stewardship Teamwork
We are called to make a healthy difference in people's lives.
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Health Parthers Duluth Web Position
Health Partners - Duluth, MN
Web Systems Support Specialist Job
Job ID: 37711
Department: Application Operations Mgmt
Location: HP - Duluth Regional Technical Center
Position Type: Full-Time
Anticipated Work Schedule: 40 hours per week
Hrs/Pay Period: 80
Join our growing organization on an exciting mission to improve health and well-being for our members, patients and community! At HealthPartners, you'll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership every day. It's part of why we're the No. 1 large company on the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's Best Places to Work list in 2014. Do you want to use your skills and passions for good. Picture yourself at HealthPartners and imagine the future successes we could achieve together!
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Web Systems Support Specialist. This person is a member of the out state HealthPartners Regional Technology Center web operations group located in Duluth, Minnesota. The person in the position remotely supports and maintains HealthPartners suite of websites and associated systems. This position provides web production support, develops codes to ensure the continued availability of HealthPartners' web applications, supports the tools used to design and maintain web sites, and may be expected to participate on small projects and team initiatives.
The Regional Technology Center is a group within HealthPartners' IS&T that focuses on staff development; improving the knowledge, skills, and abilities within the group. Staff is expected to be able to grow within their role and increase their accountabilities.
* Provides production support of HealthPartners' family of websites and internal systems.
* Provides application build services and deploys code to test and production environments.
* Ensures that secure coding standards and development practices are followed.
* Maintains systems and triage documentation.
* Monitors and maintains systems availability; tuning and configuring HealthPartners' applications and services.
* Partners with infrastructure support to perform lifecycle upgrades of hardware and software supporting web systems.
* Ensures the appropriate configuration of infrastructure platforms for web systems.
* Coordinates project tasks or the tasks for small projects and production support activities.
* Strong Customer Service Skills
* Good problem solving and analytical skills
* Workable experience with Microsoft Office and general Desktop tools
* Workable experience with Java and related J2EE technologies
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of Unix/Linux architecture; experience scripting basic shells
* Strong understanding and experience with Apache Tomcat and HTTPD administration (installation, configuration, monitoring, and tuning)
* Workable experience with lifecycle management
* Experience supporting Oracle/BEA Weblogic Server and Weblogic scripting with WLST.
* Ability to provide 24/7 on call support
* Ability to after hour production deployments
* 4 year degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
* 2+ years experience performing Web Production Support
* 2+ years experience developing or supporting Java/J2EE technologies and related infrastructure
* Experience with the following build, versioning, configuration, and release technologies: Maven, Nexus, Hudson, Subversion
* Experience with configuring the Atlassian suite of products including Confluence, JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, and Crowd
* Production support experience
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for job ID #37711.
This position will support Java web applications by fixing bugs and completing enhancements to the existing HealthPartners family of web applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
VEIW COMPLETE LISTING AND APPLY AT:
MN Sea Grant Fellowships
Minnesota Sea Grant
Minnesota Sea Grant would like to remind senior undergraduates and graduateAuthor: cfordComments
students that we have a number of fellowship opportunities each year for
students in the aquatic sciences, natural resources policy and economics,
civil engineering, and GIS/landscape ecology. Most have application
deadlines in January and February. Visit our website
http://www.seagrant.umn.edu/projects/student_opportunitiesand take a look
at all that are offered. If you missed the deadline this year, most of these
are available each year, so check back.
Some fellowships pay for research, while others offer post-graduate
opportunities to influence environmental stewardship and protection by
assisting legislative staff in Washington, or to work with a federal agency
on environmental issues. If you want to make a difference for the
environment, these fellowships are one way to do that, and they are a great
Our applicants are often successful, so please consider applying.
Please contact us for more information or assistance applying (yes, we'd be
happy to help with your application and/or research ideas package).
Valerie Brady, PhD, Research Coordinator
Minnesota Sea Grant
University of Minnesota Duluth
31 W. College St.
Duluth MN 55812
Grad & Undergrad STEM Funding
STEM Funding and Research Opportunities
Paid Summer 2016 Undergraduate Research Placements:
Over 800 programs -- NSF REU, NASA and other paid summer research opportunities for undergrads
For Financial Support in Graduate School:
Fellowships and graduate programs in a wide variety of STEM disciplines:
For tips on applying and associated resources:
For opportunities specifically in the Ocean Sciences:
For opportunities specifically in Engineering: Author: cfordComments
Eden Pairie Software Test Anallyst
SPOK Inc. - Eden Prairie, MN
Sr. Software Test Analyst
Requ Num.: 11/3/2015
In this position, the Sr. Software Test Analyst will be responsible for participating as a software tester in an Agile-based product development group allocated to a Scrum Team. Responsibilities include requirement analysis, defining test strategies, test planning and execution, test automation, reviewing product documentation, and ensuring overall product quality including usability, performance, and stability for our Spok Mobile application. This individual must be able to prioritize responsibilities and work with their scrum team to streamline, integrate, and continuously improve the effectiveness of the Agile Scrum software development process.
- Participate in release and iteration kickoffs, retrospectives, daily scrums, and other team meetings as necessary for the scrum team this analyst is allocated to.
- Participate and/or oversee creation of test environments for test execution and coordinate test environment usage with other teams as necessary.
- Define test strategy, create, execute test cases (manual and automated) and document test artifacts to ensure thorough testing of product components and overall quality of delivered product.
- Report software defects and interact with software developers to ensure they are fixed and thoroughly tested.
- Perform and/or lead other team members in all forms of product testing including test case creation and execution, exploratory testing, system integration, usability, regression and performance testing.
- Analyze test coverage for existing and new tests, incorporate feedback from defects and escalations into regression suites.
- Develop and maintain automation frameworks that meet our solution needs and will scale for future growth across a variety of products and technologies. - Review and/or suggest improvements to product documentation to ensure accuracy, completeness and consistency during iterations and/or at release time.
- Collaborate with product manager and development team during all phases of the project to promote successful delivery of quality products to our customers.
- Drive continuous improvement of testing and development practices to make team more efficient, deliver higher quality products, and ship on time.
- Coach and provide technical leadership to others on the QA team as needed.
- Must be able to work primarily out of our Eden Prairie, MN office
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of software testing working with various technologies including distributed Internet technologies
- Experience with Agile Scrum process
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a team environment across multiple geographic locations and cultures
- Must have a strong technical aptitude with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead automation initiatives within the QA team
- Ability to present ideas and document artifacts to business and product technology teams
- Proven experience creating, executing and reviewing results of functional, integration, compatibility and regression for web and mobile apps (iOS and Android)
- Experience implementing and maintaining automation frameworks for web and mobile apps using tools such as Appium, Calabash, Selenium Webdriver, Soap UI or similar tools
- Performance testing experience using commercial or open-source tools such as JMeter, Load Runner, NeoLoad
- Experience working with and validating results using SQL
- Technical knowledge of Windows Server configurations and operations is plus
- Knowledge of current and emerging industry trends in mobile technology is plus
- Software Testing Certification (ISQTB, CSTE, etc.) is plus
For complete listing and to apply visit our website:www.spok.com.
Essentia Duluth - CS Internship
Essentia Health - Duluth
Business Intelligence Intern - CS/CIS Majors
Under supervision, develops an understanding of the data in the organization. The Business Intelligence Intern assists with analysis and report writing with key sets of information from the EPIC Clarity data models and multiple other systems throughout the organization and utilizes Business Intelligence tools to present data to the organization. Analysis includes business and operational understanding, quality improvement measures and development, and patient activity. The Intern works extensively with the Business Intelligence Analyst team and meets with clients to understand business and process flows to develop reports that manage the business requirements of client. Work is performed in a team environment with understanding and application of the key components of quality improvement, strong customer service skills and ability to work closely with management throughout the organization.
Junior or senior level student currently enrolled in an accredited school working toward a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or other related field.
To apply go to: Business Intelligence Intern, Use Job ID: 5179BR