You are here
Diverse and Exciting Campus
Through programming, the Commission on Equity, Race, & Ethnicity (CERE) creates challenging learning settings and offers personal growth opportunities for all students.
The Commission on Equity Race & Ethnicity (CERE) works to create an equitable campus community for people of all racial, ethnic, and intersecting identities through education and institutional change.
Eight reasons why diversity matters at college:
- Diversity expands worldliness.
- Diversity enhances social development.
- Diversity prepares students for future career success.
- Diversity prepares students for work in a global society.
- Interactions with people different from ourselves increase our knowledge base.
- Diversity promotes creative thinking.
- Diversity enhances self-awareness.
- Diversity enriches the multiple perspectives.