Mission StatementThe mission of the Center for Genocide, Holocaust, and Human Rights Studies is:
- to provide quality programming for the UMD campus
- to make the issues that the Center raises a part of campus dialog. To that end,
- we will invite speakers to discuss and debate topics regarding genocide, Holocaust, and human rights
- we will collaborate with groups on campus in our programming
- we will conduct outreach to schools in order to assist the teachers of our region in promoting discussion and instruction on issues relevant to the Center
- we will encourage student involvement in the work of the Center and in the pursuit of further study on issues of genocide, the Holocaust, and human rights
we will introduce to the UMD community timely and frequent discussion of issues, local or global, relevant to the work of the Center.