CCRR Guidelines for Student Civic-engagement Grants:
1) This is a new endeavor for CCRR. These proposed guidelines will be modified as this outreach effort evolves. Student civic-engagement grants provide approximately 200 hours of undergraduate and/or graduate student assistance to help a community-based, nonprofit organization with a specific project.
2) Requests for support must involve a project with unique value. Requests for general support of the operations of an organization or agency will not be considered.
3) Proposals can be initiated by a student, by an organization, or by a UMD faculty or staff person. A member of the organization, or a UMD faculty or staff must be responsible for the supervision of the student. Proposals must include a letter from the supervising organization, or from UMD faculty or staff stating an agreement to supervise.
3) Proposals for projects that include matching monies (excluding in-kind matches) from organizations are strongly encouraged, but matching monies are not a requirement. Awards will cover student salaries only.
5) Proposals must be submitted to the director as WORD files attached to an email.
6) At the close of a research project, a final report (in the form of a WORD or PDF file) must be submitted to the center director. This file will become part CCRR’s online report library.