"Tomorrow's chemical engineer needs to display a range of talents, knowledge, and interests that extend beyond traditional engineering capabilities; that allow chemical engineers to leverage traditional skills with future opportunities."
"Chemical Engineers are experienced at integrating a range of scientific disciplines, including biotechnology, micro-electronics, and advanced materials - a vital skill for success in the complex business environment."
"Chemical engineers are particularly well positioned to capitalize on the effects of globalization, which offers the process industries unprecedented opportunities to prosper." (Adapted from the AIChE report The Global Environment for Chemical Engineers)
Nationally ranked quality chemical engineering education...student centered faculty...hands-on laboratories...modern engineering tools...practical education prepares graduates for seamless transition to the work field...emphasis on technical communication skills:
- Dedicated, qualified faculty and staff
- Student-centered, accredited four year program.
- Minors in environmental engineering.
- Mission and educational objectives to pursue knowledge and its application for the betterment of society.
- Develops the student's technical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Promotes chemical process safety and ethics.
- Prepares graduates for professional engineering registration and licensure.
- A great place to prepare for your professional career in Chemical Engineering!
- Find out more about the curriculum, what our students demonstrate, and how our graduates are prepared for fulfilling careers.
UMD named one of "Best College Towns" in North America by OUTSIDE magazine."When it came to ranking the... best places to learn, live, work, and play, we did our homework ... we narrowed the honor roll down to 40 schools that turn out smart grads with top-notch academic credentials, a healthy environmental ethos, and an A+ sense of adventure." Find out more about UMD and Duluth...