UMD Chemical Engineering Students demonstrate:
- Strong engineering problem solving, technical and computer skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Functionality in diverse and interdisciplinary teams.
- Sensitivity to social and environmental impacts of the profession.
- Ability to maintain a high level of competency through lifeling learning.
UMD Chemical Engineering Graduates are prepared for:
- Rewarding careers in diverse industries, such as chemical manufacture, semiconductors & electronics, petrochemicals, polymers & plastics, textiles, pulp & paper, pharmaceuticals, biochemical and environmental engineering.
- Diverse positions that include plant operation & management, process development, design, & control, project engineering, sales, safety, environmental engineering, and business management.
- Life-long learning through advanced professional training or graduate school.
- Job Resource Center