2011-12 Specific Planning Activities
1. Identify individuals and groups to take primary responsibility for completing action steps associated with each of the six campus goals.
2. Develop general plans for achieving each of the action steps.
3. Identify short-, medium-, and long-term key performance indicators for each of the six campus goals.
4. Identify key performance indicators for each of the action steps.
5. Maintain the Strategic Planning website and distribute a monthly newsletter to inform stakeholders of planning activities and to provide a mechanism for receiving input.
6. Seek broad, campus-wide input on implementation process via planning website, planning blog, email messages, and one campus planning forum per semester
7. Develop an assessment plan and process for measuring progress on achieving campus goals and completing action steps, using key performance indicators as a foundation for this plan
8. Ask each Vice Chancellor area and college/school to develop, review, and/or revise its mission and vision statements to achieve alignment with the Strategic Plan by May, 2012. Goals for achieving the mission and vision may be included.
9. Ask each academic department and unit reporting to Vice Chancellors to develop, review, and/or revise its mission and vision statements to achieve alignment with the Strategic Plan by May, 2013. Goals for achieving the mission and vision may be included.
10. Consult regularly with the Campus Assembly, its committees, and other appropriate groups across campus.
11. Build upon the work of the vision groups and other relevant activities of the 2010-11 planning process.