Uploading Files - Size/Storage Limitations
Students may have trouble submitting multimedia files to instructors if the file size gets large.
File size limits are listed below (in order, from smallest to largest file size). (UMD limits are as of January 2008).
Reminder: 1 GB = 1000 MB
Maximum File Size
- UMD Email - 5 MB (per upload)
- UMD Web Drop Course Folder - 10 MB (per upload)
- UMD Student web space ("myweb") - 100 MB (total storage)
- CD - 700 MB (total storage)
- UMD Moodle forum - 1000 MB (per upload) - unless the instructor restricts uploads to a smaller file size
- DVD - 4.7 GB (total storage)
- UMD Portfolio - 5 GB (total storage)
- UMD Netfiles - 5 GB (total storage)