Check List to Applying for Licensure
Take all required MTLE Licensure Tests and receive eligible passing scores.
· A listing of the required tests can be found online at: http://www.d.umn.edu/cehsp/studentaffairs/licensure/tests.html
· A list of testing codes can be found online at: http://www.mtle.nesinc.com/PageView.aspx?f=GEN_WhatTestsDoINeedToTake.html
· Allow 4-6 weeks for scores to get to UMD
Review your current APAS Report to ensure you have met all degree requirements for your declared major.
· Degree posting occurs 2-3 weeks after the end of the term
Once you have verified you have grades for ALL your degree requirements and you have received passing scores on ALL your MTLE required exams then you are eligible for applying for your Minnesota State Teaching License.
Learn the process for the steps of applying for your First Time Minnesota Teaching License: http://www.d.umn.edu/educ/student_resources/mn_license/index.html#1
· Note: you have a 60 day window from point of application submission online and verification to be sent to the State of Minnesota. Therefore, be sure UMD has all your MTLE Exam codes and you have finished all requirements prior to applying online. If you are going to fall outside the 60 day window you can always contact the state to explain your circumstances (i.e. not passing a score, delay in degree posting, etc).
Obtain a finger print card either in the Advising & Academic Services Office (120 Bohannon Hall) or from the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE) Personnel Licensing, 1500 Highway 36 West, Roseville, MN 55113; 651-582-8691.
Apply for your License & Pay Processing Fee online at: http://education.state.mn.us/MDE/EdExc/Licen/index.html and click on Create new MDE-Account
Be sure to print off the Cover Sheet & Verification of Programs Forms
· Note: keep a copy for your records
You need to submit these 3 items to Jayme Battaglia in the CEHSP Advising & Academic Services Office
Address: UMD-CEHSP AAS, Attn: Jayme Battaglia, 120 Bohannon Hall, 1207 Ordean Court, Duluth, MN 55812
· Cover Page & Checklist (printed from online application)
· Verification of Completion of Program form (printed from online application)
· Finger print card with fingerprints & demographic information completed
After forms and fingerprint card are submitted, degree has been posted, and all MTLE passing scores have been received the verification form will be signed off by the Licensing Officer and mailed to the State Department of Education. Note: Please allow for processing time.
A COPY of your “VERIFICATION of PROGRAM COMPLETION” form will be emailed to your UMD email account at the same time the materials are mailed to the State Department of Education. You can show this document in job interviews to “prove” that your materials have been submitted to the state
License will be awarded approximately four to six weeks after the State receives ALL materials:
· Online Application AND
· Application packet with Licensure Officer signature from CEHSP
· Note: state review process does not start until (1) online application has been submitted (2) processing fee has been paid (3) all supporting documentation has been RECEIVED by the State Department of Education
Questions regarding this process contact Jayme Battaglia, Licensure Coordinator, email@example.com or (218) 726-7074