Academic Affairs Council
December 8, 2009
Present: Jiyoon Yoon, Lynette Carlson, Fay Maas, Bruce Munson (ex officio)
Global changes to IESE program courses needed on: financial/staffing implications for the program change(#25); phrasing for prerequisites (#14); course components #10.
- ElEd 1010 – check #10; issues w/ #11 & #12 (workload/contact hrs); #10; if #21 includes additional content in the outline – additional outcomes (a limited number of outcomes might summarize the additional content) and assessments are needed; proposal needs changes before it can be approved.
- ElEd 3325 - check #10; #21 – a word is missing in “Candidates will ???? with children”; relationship between items 2 & 4 in outcomes #22 & 23 versus the related assessments; professional format for references needed; uniformity and clarity of prerequisites needed; do they want prereq AND consent required? unanimous approval pending minor changes.
- ElEd 3331 - professional format for references needed; do they want prereq (which class[es]) AND consent required?; unanimous approval pending minor changes.
- ElEd 3355 - #22, item 2 change “learn” to “learner”; phrasing of outcomes - edit out the “your” in the course proposal; assessment methods should be better aligned with outcomes; proposal needs changes before it can be approved.
- ElEd 4344 - #11 & #12 need to be revised; uniformity and clarity of prerequisites needed; #22 outcome 2 modify outcomes to be measurable, for example “observe applications”; unanimous approval pending minor changes.
- ElEd 4366 - #5 modify the description – do not name the course and use a more formal description; #15 is not accurate; unanimous approval pending minor changes.
- ElEd 4600 – this includes a title change; should this be variable credits, as it currently stands; #21 check spellings and ”; it was noted that a lot of ampersands were used; delete specific reference to Moodle and use “course management system; professional format for references is needed; unanimous approval pending minor changes.
- SpEd 4204/5204 – this is a title change and course description change; #23 assessment 3 needs clarification about “observation” as an assessment method; unanimous approval pending minor changes; Bruce will share this proposal with GPC as a for information item.
- SpEd 4310 - unanimous approval without reservation.
- SpEd 4381/5381 - #5 delete “6.”, “Instruction about classroom management…..”; #23 item 2 – “observe and interview” are activities, not outcomes; clarify if the addendum sheet is just for the graduate objectives and assessments?; unanimous approval pending minor changes.
- Hlth 3161 – Unanimous approval without reservations.
- HPER 3300 – eliminate redundancy in course description; #21 change to note that this is for K-6 (not through grade 8).
- ESAT 3642 - unanimous approval without reservation.
- Committee asked that change that need review be completed soon so there is time for review before the end of the semester.
- Feedback on forms
- explanation needed for #19 if it is checked “yes”;
- Is both pre-req AND consent required