Academic Affairs Council
December 19, 2005
Present: Ken Gilbertson, Lynette Carlson, Faye Mass (for Randy Gordon), Jackie Millslagle
Absent: Julia Williams
This was a special meeting to discuss the curriculum process and suggest changes. Members agreed that faculty should know the following items are of particular concern to the committee:
- Outcomes - are they measurable - do evaluation methods match the stated outcomes?
- What is the rationale for the proposal?
- How does the course fit into the program? Is it congruent with the objectives of the department/program?
- Does a new course create any duplication within CEHSP?
- Does the proposal comply with the CEHSP curriculum process?
Members felt that it was beyond the responsibilities of this committee to track course changes (that are not documented) through time. Department faculty should submit coure change proposals when significant changes in outcomes or other course characteristics are imminent.
Jackie agreed to expend instructions on the web page and in forms, and then have committee members critique for other needed changes.
Jackie Millslagle, Recorder