This humanities-based program provides opportunities for intellectual and cultural development and stimulation for individuals age 50 and older.
The Curriculum Committee is led by either a chair or co-chair persons selected by the US President. (Current co-chairs are Mary Olson (218-724-1034) and Paul Chialastri (218-269-0305) This committee plans, organizes and schedules the study groups each term.
- Forty plus study groups are offered in each of three eight-week terms. Some four-week classes are also offered. Study Groups meet once a week for a two-hour session.
- Study Group proposal forms are available through the US Study Group Committee. A course outline is submitted for review by the committee and staff. Mentoring and assistance in preparing a study group is available.
- 65% of our study groups are lead by our members; the remaining 35% are offered by current and retired campus professors and community leaders.