We are committed to helping you learn to
- identify, evaluate and use sources of information relevant to making career decisions.
- analyze and articulate your interests, skills, values, and strengths and relate them to educational and career plans.
- develop and implement career plans which integrate self- assessment and occupational information and consider the ethical and global implications.
- effectively present your qualifications to enhance your educational and career goals.
Resources On This Website
Requesting a Presentation
Have questions about major or career choice, finding an internship, conducting a job search, or preparing for graduate school? Invite Career and Internship Services staff to meet with your club, organization, team, or group of friends to help you answer your questions. Work with a staff member to design a presentation specifically for your group. Mix and match topics from the list below or come up with your own topic:
- Deciding on a major
- Planning your career
- Identifying your strengths using StrengthsQuest
- Using your strengths in the job and internship search
- Identifying careers related to your interests using the Strong Interest Inventory
- Using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator to explore personality and career choice
- Beginning or advanced resume writing
- Writing an engaging cover letter
- Developing and using your LinkedIn profile
- Conducting a job or internship search, strategies that work
- Identifying job search for introverts
- Interviewing skills
- Using GoldPASS to find an internship or job
- Landing a summer internship
- Working and interning abroad
- Dressing appropriately for the job and internship search, what is business casual?
- Dining etiquette
- Preparing for graduate or professional school
- Writing your personal statement for graduate or professional school
- Preparing for the GRE
To schedule a presentation, submit the UMD Career and Internship Services Presentation Request Form. Please allow at least two weeks notice for all presentations. You will immediately receive a confirmation that your request has been received and within 3 working days you will receive a confirmation for your presentation.