Table of Contents
Mobile Phone Use Tips for the Job and Internship Search
- Use a professional outgoing message.
- Eliminate distractions and background noise when using your phone.
- Have a fully charged battery and ample service before answering or making a professional call.
- Speak slowly and clearly and spell your name when leaving a message.
- Don't answer your phone while driving.
- Don't answer a professional call when in a public place or while engaged in a social activity.
- Don't walk around while talking on your phone.
- Turn-off your phone while waiting for an in-person interview. If you usually review your notes on your phone, use another method so you don't appear to be checking messages.
- Turn-off your phone during an in-person interview, presentation or professional meeting.