Job & Internship Fairs
This page is updated throughout the semester.
Fairs are sponsored each year to help you explore career options, search for a job or internship, and meet with employers. Two job fairs are held on the UMD campus each fall: E-Fest and The Head of the Lakes Job Fair. In the spring, students can attend the U of M Job and Internship Fair on the Twin Cities campus. Other local and regional fairs are also listed here.
UNI Overseas Recruiting Fair XXXIX (Cedar Falls, IA) - January 30 to February 1, 2015
Outdoor Jobs Fair (UMD) - February 4, 2015 - 9:30 am to 2 pm - Kirby Student Center Main Hallway
- Need a summer job? Looking for a great internship or employment after graduation? Interested in learning more about outdoor and environmental education professions? Join us to meet with representatives from summer camps, canoe camps, resource management, government agencies, environmental education centers, and others that will be on hand to answer your questions and talk about opportunities in outdoor education.
4th Annual Civil Engineering Career Fair (UMD) - February 6, 2015 - 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Spring Science and Engineering Career Fair (Minneapolis, MN) - February 10, 2015 - 10 am to 4 pm
- FREE Bus to Science Fair courtesy of SCSE Dean Hamilton - Sign up in SCC 22 by Feb 6th. $10 holds your seat; returned to you on the bus.
- NEW! Student Guide (pdf) to the fair includes fair layout & employer location, employers listed by major/field, info session dates/times, interview dates/locations
Spring Head of the Lakes Job & Internship Fair (Superior, WI) - February 11, 2015 - 1 to 5 pm
- 86 employers registered!
- Peace Corps Info Session Feb 12.
- Employers interviewing Feb 12: Target, The Buckle, Shopko, Stats LLC.
- FREE Shuttle to UWS courtesy of - download shuttle schedule (pdf)
Environmental Career Fair (St Paul, MN) - February 11, 2015 - 1 to 5 pm
Transportation Career Expo (Minneapolis, MN) - February 17, 2015 - 4:30 to 7:15 pm
U of M Job & Internship Fair (Minneapolis, MN) - February 20, 2015 - 10 am to 4 pm - should pre-register
- FREE Bus to Fair - Sign up in SCC 22 by Feb 17th. $10 holds your seat; returned to you on the bus.
- Over 300 organizations will be there!
FORUM on Workplace Inclusion Career Fair (Minneapolis, MN) - March 18, 2015 - 9 am to 4 pm - pre-registration recommended
Minneapolis Public Schools' Teacher Hiring Fairs (Minneapolis, MN) - 3 spring dates - pre-application required
6th Annual Northland Job Fair (Duluth, MN) - April 1, 2015 - 10 am to 3 pm
Minnesota Education Job Fair (Minneapolis, MN) - April 13, 2015 - 10 am to 3 pm - should pre-register, registration opens Feb 21st
E-fest: an Engineering, Computer Science and Science Career Fair (UMD) - September 23, 2015 - 10 am to 2 pm
Accounting & Auditing Student Conference (Minneapolis, MN) - September 29, 2015 - 8 am to 3:30 pm
Fall Head of the Lakes Job & Internship Fair (UMD) - October 8, 2015 - 10 am to 2 pm
Fall 2015 Science and Engineering Career Fair (Minneapolis, MN) - TBA
Minnesota Twins 2014 Sports Internship & Career Fair (pdf) (Minneapolis, MN) - TBA
St Paul Campus Job & Internship Fair (St Paul, MN) - TBA
PRIDE Career Fair (Washington, DC) - TBA
Michigan Tech Fall Career Fair 2014 (Houghton, MI) - TBA
Minneapolis Idealist Grad Fair (Minneapolis, MN) - TBA
Government and Nonprofit Career Fair (Minneapolis, MN) - TBA
Prepare for Job Fairs:
Getting Ready for the Job Fair Workshop
Checklist for Job Fair Success from the UMD Career Handbook
Making Contacts at the Job Fair
Sell Yourself at the Career Fair (pdf)
How to Get the Most Out of Career Fairs
Recruiters Say Be Prepared for Career Fairs
Learn How to Perform a One-Minute Miracle
"Job Fair Success" Online Workshop
No Smoking Policy
If you are visiting UMD to attend a job fair or other event, please note that smoking is prohibited on all UMD property. The smoking ban includes indoor facilities, campus grounds, as well as all University vehicles.