You are here
GoldPASS powered by Handshake is the U of M's online database to help connect students and alumni with employers, volunteer opportunities and internships across the country. It's easy to use and it's FREE!
To use GoldPASS powered by Handshake, go to goldpass.umn.edu and select the Students & Alumni login button. Use your Internet ID login and password as with any other U of M site. What can students and alumni do with GoldPASS powered by Handshake?
- Post your resume!
- View and search job, internship, and volunteer listings
- Search for organization and contact information
- Find out about workshops, information sessions, career fairs, and other career events
- Register for events
- Sign up for interviews
Remember to keep your profile up to date so you can be matched to opportunities for which you are qualified.
- How to Register To Use GoldPASS powered by Handshake (YouTube)
- How to Search and Register for Events in GoldPASS powered by Handshake (YouTube)
- See a Peer Educator in the Career Resource Center, 22 Solon Campus Center
Use your Internet ID (email/internet-8 characters) to log into GoldPASS powered by Handshake. If you don't have one, or don't remember your password, please contact the UMD Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-8847. Email GoldPASS powered by Handshake questions to Career and Internship Services at email@example.com or call 218-726-7985.
When you upload your Resume
The first time you upload your resume in GoldPASS powered by Handshake, it will go into “pending status” and Career and Internship Services staff will review it within 24 business hours. While it is “pending” in GoldPASS powered by Handshake you will not be able to apply for jobs or sign up on interview schedules. Once your resume is reviewed and approved, you will have full access to all functions in GoldPASS powered by Handshake. If your resume is not approved, you will be contacted. Support is available throughout the process. Please contact us if you have questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 218-726-7985.
To use GoldPASS powered by handshake, go to goldpass.umn.edu and select the Employer Login button. If you do not already have an account, use the New User button to set up an account.
What can employers do with GoldPASS powered by Handshake?
- Post jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities
- Schedule info sessions
- Set-up interviews, pre-select applicants (optional) and manage your interview schedule
- Browse for qualified applicants among GoldPASS powered by Handshake users!
To use GoldPASS powered by Handshake, request an account by emailing email@example.com. Once your account is established, go to the Faculty GoldPASS powered by Handshake login page. We suggest you bookmark the login page as it is not the same page students and employers use.
What can faculty do with GoldPASS powered by Handshake?
- See major-specific on-campus interviewing opportunities for your students and alumni
- View and search job, internship, and volunteer postings