You are here
Researching careers begins with knowing yourself: your interests, abilities and values. Career and Internship Services collaborates with students throughout the career planning process from deciding on a major to searching for internship and job opportunities.
- make an appointment with a Career Counselor
- look through the library in the Career Resource Center
- talk to people about careers, conduct an informational interview
- attend presentations or workshops
- look for opportunities like volunteer work or internships in fields of interest
- learn what UMD graduates are doing
- research online, some suggested sites are listed below
Glassdoor is a free jobs and career community that offers the world an inside look at jobs and companies. It includes job listings, salary details, company reviews, and interview questions. You get full, unlimited access to GlassDoor when you access the site via this link.
Candid Career videos are informational interviews featuring industry professionals giving you the first-hand, inside scoop on careers, so you can explore and learn about career options. They include advice that will give you an edge in your job search. See hundreds of career interviews, several featuring UMD and U of M alumni.
- BioPharmGuy (Archived expired job postings for researching entry-level biotech/pharmaceutical jobs)
- Candid Career
- Career Guide to Industries
- Career Resources for Women
- Careers in Biology
- Careers in Psychology
- Environmental Science Careers
- Green Careers
- Green Career articles from Bureau of Labor and Statistics
- Guide to Public Service
- iseek.org (MN careers)
- Major Resource Kit
- Net Impact (make a difference with your career)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Pathways to Science
- Sustainability Careers
- Twin Cities Jobs
- What Can I Do With This Major?