Graduate & Professional School Events
You are here
This page is updated throughout the semester.
Topics may include general information about applying for graduate or professional school, writing your personal statement, or specific fields such as nursing or pharmacy.
- Insider Tips on Applying to Graduate School - October 20, 2017
Individual programs may offer an information session where you can find out about the program, admission requirements and talk to a recruiter. Sessions may be held at UMD, at the sponsoring college or online.
Rural Pre-Med Summit
- September 30, 2017 from 9 am to 4 pm at the UMD Medical School
PharmD Info Session
Learn more about the U of M Pharmacy School. Please register for the session you plan to attend. Also see Preview Day in next section.
- September 30, 2017, from 11 am to 12:30 pm at UMD. Includes presentation and tour.
- October 11, 2017, from 3 to 4:15 pm on the UMN Minneapolis Campus. Includes presentation and panel.
- October 19, 2017, from 5:30 to 7 pm at UMD. Includes presentation and tour.
Master of Nursing at UMN Info Session
Come and meet with a representative from the University of Minnesota School of Nursing to learn about an exciting opportunity for UMD students into the nursing profession! The Master of Nursing is a 16 month program for students with a baccalaureate in a non-nursing field.
- October 3, 2017 - 3 to 4 pm in RDC 301
- November 16, 2017 - Noon to 1 pm in RDC 301
Check with the college or program you are interested in to see if they have admission visit days or preview events on their campus.
UMN Pharmacy School Preview Day
Includes a presentation, student panel, tour, and careers activity.
- December 2, 2017, from 1 to 4 pm at either UMD or Minneapolis Campus. Please register to indicate location you plan to attend.
Graduate School Fairs feature multiple graduate schools and/or programs that come together at a single event. This is a great way to compare programs at several schools. More and more these are being held online.
- Health Careers Fair (Minneapolis, MN) - October 5, 2017