Equity & Diversity Certificate Program
You are here
The Equity and Diversity Certificate is a program developed by the University of Minnesota System’s Office of Equity and Diversity. This ally model series of workshops help participants develop tools necessary for advancing equity and diversity in all aspects of their personal and professional lives. It’s free of charge and open to all faculty and staff on all campuses of the University of Minnesota.
UMD has spent the last three years building internal capacity to offer this certificate. Thanks to those efforts (supported by all VC units and the Chancellor's Office) we are able to offer all 10 workshops in the Basic Certificate on the UMD Campus.
For details and workshop descriptions PLUS sign up for offerings on the UM, Twin Cities campus - click here
Spring 2019 Offerings at the UM, Duluth campus:
All UMD workshops are hosted in Griggs Center (Kirby Student Center 202) - click on each workshop title to register
- Race, Racism and Privilege - Friday, February 1, 9:00 a.m.-12:00
- Collective Access for all - Wednesday, February 20, 1:00 p.m.-4:00 pm
- Class and Classism - Monday April 8, 1:30-4:30
- Challenging Conversations - Tuesday April 9, 9:30-12:30
- Gender Equity - Tuesday, April 23, 1:00 pm -4:0
- Communicating about Equity and Diversity - May 14, 9:00-12:00
Below is an image of the old numbering system for your reference.