If you are a victim of sexual assault
You are here
The University will provide victims/survivors access to confidential services, support and referrals, as well as assistance in filing a criminal charge (should the victim/survivor choose to do so).
Assistance and support are available both on and off campus, regardless of whether you file a police report. You may speak confidentially about the rape or sexual assault by calling one of the following agencies:
- Program for Aid to Victims of Sexual Assault (PAVSA) | 24-Hour Crisis Line 218-726-1931 | M-F 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m 218-726-1442 | 32 E 1st Street Suite 200, Duluth, MN 55805. PAVSA provides victims/survivors with a PAVSA advocate who is trained to assist victims of sexual assault. Victim advocates are confidential staff and will assist in providing information on the different types of reporting that are available. Advocates will educate victims/survivors in making a decision that is right for them by providing information on the different types of reporting that are available. PAVSA advocates will be available on site at UMD on Monday and Thursday evenings fall and spring semester in the Women’s Resource and Action Center (Kirby Student Center 266) from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- UMD Student Counseling Services | 218-726-7913 | Health Services Building | 615 Niagara Court
- UMD Health Services | 218-726-8155 | Health Services Building | 615 Niagara Court
- The Sand Creek Group | Calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
612-625-2820 | 800-243-5744 | email@example.com | The Sand Creek Group, Ltd., 925 E. Superior Street, Duluth
- UMD Women’s Resource and Action Center | 218-726-6292 or (218-726-8444 | Kirby Student Center, Room 266 | PAVSA advocates will be available on site at UMD during WRAC office hours and on Monday and Thursday evenings fall and spring semester.
- UMD Campus Ministry | 218-726-8737 | Kirby Student Center, Room 105
- St. Luke’s Hospital | 218-249-5555 | 915 East First Street, Duluth, MN 55805
- Essential Health (St. Mary's Hospital) | 407 East 3rd Street, Duluth, MN 55805
- Planned Parenthood of Duluth | 218-786-4357 | 1001 E Central Entrance, Duluth, MN 55811
None of these confidential resources will disseminate your report to others without your consent.
In the case of an emergency anytime, call 911
- UMD Office of Equal Opportunity (218) 726-6849 | Darland Administration Building, Room 269-273
- UMD Office of Student Conduct (218) 726-8969 | Darland Administration Building, Room 250
- UMD Department Police (218) 726-7000 for non-emergency | Darland Administration Building, Room 287
- Title IX Coordinator: Karna Kurtz, Director UMD Human Resources (218) 726-6326 | Darland Administration Building, Room 269-273
Title IX Coordinator: Katie Jackson, Director, UMD Office of Student Conduct (218) 726-8969 | 245 Kirby Plaza
Title IX Coordinator: Karen Stromme, Associate Director, UMD Athletics (218) 726-7143 | Sports and Health Center, Room 170
- Duluth Police Department (Non-Emergency: 218-726- or 911) | 411 West First Street, Room 104, Duluth, MN 55802
- St. Louis County Sheriff's Office (218) 726-2340 | 100 N 5th Ave W Rm 103, Duluth, MN 55802
- St. Louis County Attorney's Office (218) 726-2323 | 100 N 5th Ave W Rm 501, Duluth, MN 55802
Sexual Misconduct FAQ
Where can I find information on how to reduce my risk of being a victim of sexual assault?