What is a supporter?
- Student, staff and faculty volunteer "Supporters" are trained to provide education about the smoke-free policy and smoking cessation referral services.
- Supporters may be seen at information tables or other events where they will provide basic information.
- They will approach individuals who are not following the policy, offer them a card detailing the policy and quit resources, and ask them to extinguish the tobacco product.
- Supporters will assist with regular "walks" through identified smoking hotspots, and report new locations and number of violators encountered to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When is the next supporter training?
(Please attend one training session. More sessions will be added as they are scheduled.)
- There are no training sessions scheduled at this time. Please check back.
Please correct the following problems before submitting again:
Student, staff and faculty are needed to help spread the word about UMD's smoke-free policy. You can help by keeping us informed of campus locations that are frequented by violators. Email email@example.com with times and locations. This is a confidential email address.
And help by posting the breathefree poster in high-traffic areas.