Admission and Advisement
Biology students and advisors have advising responsibilities. While students ultimately make their own decisions concerning their academic plans and careers, advisors assist them with decision-making processes and the exploration of options. Students are encouraged to establish a close working relationship with their academic advisor and meet regularly with him or her to develop a better understanding of their responsibilities, the requirements of their curriculum, and other requirements. The Swenson College of Science and Engineering Academic Advising office assigns each student an advisor.
Each student has an opportunity to work with a faculty advisor in their major field of study, although professional advising staff serve as initial advisors for freshmen, transfer students, or for students who have yet to declaire a major. If the student's interests or major objectives change, the student should request a change of advisor at the Academic Advising Office of the college that offers the desired program or major.
- Biology Undergraduate Research in Science and Technology Program (BURST)
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- BIOL 3990/WRIT 4195 - Duluth Journal of Undergraduate Biology
- BIOL 3993 - Laboratory Teaching Experience
- BIOL 3994 - Undergraduate Research
- BIOL 3996 - Internship in Biology