Faculty and Co-Curricular Program Staff Activities
You are here
Program Assessment Activities Conducted by Faculty and Co-Curricular Program Staff
Faculty: for all credit-bearing courses throughout the year
- Include course SLOs on course syllabi.
- Conduct assessment of the course SLOs. Analyze course assessment results and identify potential improvements for teaching and student learning.
- Report course assessment results to PAL(s) as appropriate for course alignment to program learning outcomes. For example, a course may be used for a major's program assessment as well as Liberal Education Program assessment.
A Guide for Documenting Assessment Activities in Works.pdf
Faculty and Co-Curricular Program Staff: for program assessment
- Fall: Ensure assessment results are submitted to PAL(s) to maintain reporting processes specified in the program's Assessment Plan.
- Fall: Meet as a program to discuss assessment results and identify programmatic areas for improvement of student learning (this information is needed for program assessment reports PALs complete).
- Spring: Meet as a program to determine the closing-the-loop update information for the PAL to report.
Faculty and Co-Curricular Program Staff: for professional development in the area of student learning assessment
- Attend campus assessment workshops as desired and/or required (e.g., department specific trainings).