You are here
Are you ready?
Here is your official transfer checklist:
Sign-up and attend an Advisement & Registration session. You'll leave campus with connections to your peers, your UCard, and your course schedule. As a transfer student, you have two options for an Advisement & Registration session: one that's available just for transfer students, with a specific focus on how your previous experiences transfer to UMD; and one that's available to transfer students and freshman. Keep an eye out for your invitation or visit: d.umn.edu/sit.
Transfer Specific A&R Dates:
- Monday, May 22nd
- Wednesday, May 24th
- Monday, June 5th
- Tuesday, June 20th
Transfer Prep is a 30-minute meeting with our Transfer Student Coordinator that will prepare you for Advisement and Registration (A&R) and your transition to UMD.
- What transcripts UMD currently has on file and their status
- Review Academic Progress Report (APAS)
- Review how courses will apply to your UMD transcript
- Answer any additional questions you might have
You can choose to either have a face-to-face meeting or meeting via phone call. To sign up for a Transfer Prep meeting visit: transferprep.appointments.umn.edu
Complete online at fafsa.ed.gov and have the information sent to UMD (Federal School Code: 002388).
Fall Admits: You can apply for housing beginning February 1. We start sending information about on-campus housing in mid-January. Make sure you complete your housing application by May 1. We can't guarantee space after this date.
Submit all official college transcripts to UMD. This should include each institution you have taken classes from. Be sure to send us your final transcript from your current institution once final grades have been posted:
Send all transcripts to:
Fall Admits: Transfer students have the opportunity to choose from two options for orientation:
1. Bulldog Welcome: This is a five-day program geared towards traditional age students. You will participate in small group discussions, team building activities, and a variety of sessions to acclimate you to campus.
2. Transfer Welcome: Join other transfer students for a condensed orientation program that will focus on topics to assist with your transition to UMD.
To sign-up for either orientation click here.
March - April 2017 — Estimated Financial Aid Award Notices (EFAAN) are sent out to students for Fall 2017.
August 26, 2017 — Transfer Bulldog Welcome for new students.
August 28, 2017 — Fall semester classes begin!