UMD Catalog (Degree Requirements)
UMD Catalog: A web-based publication which includes the University mission, degree requirements of majors/minors, university policies/procedures, liberal education program requirements, course descriptions, and additional campus-wide and collegiate unit information.
Majors View all of the requirements for each undergraduate degree program offered at UMD.
Minors View all of the requirements for each minor offered at UMD.Minors related to a major: Minors that have the same name as an existing major
Free-standing minors: Programs that are only available as a minor (no major by the same name)
Course Descriptions: provides a brief 1-2 sentence overview of all current courses.
Liberal Education Program: the liberal education program is the overall framework around which all UMD baccalaureate degree programs are designed. It includes coursework in a variety of different disciplines and
• encourages critical and creative thinking;
• develops speaking and writing skills;
• provides practice in analytical study methods;
• examines basic values;
• encourages active citizenship and social responsibility;
• provides awareness of historical traditions, intellectual and artistic endeavors, contemporary global issues, and diverse cultural values in the United States.
Policies and Procedures: enforced rules, guidelines, and statements established by the university (i.e. grading, excused absences, final exams, e-mail, student conduct code, adviser/advisee role, etc).