The UMD Student Body in Fall 2012
- The total student enrollment was 11,491. Of these, 1,881 were new students.
- The student body included 5,988 men and 5,410 women.
- 9,452 students were undergraduates.
- 1,043 students stated they were minority. Minorities represented included African American, American Indian, Asian/Pacific, Hawaiian, and Hispanic.
- 302 international students attended UMD.
- 901 students enrolled through Continuing Education.
- Approximately 225 students will participate in the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) during 2011-2012, receiving funding of approximately $380,000.
- 1,107 students were in graduate or professional programs.
The Graduating Class of 2011-2012
- 2,000 students earned bachelors degrees.
- Labovitz School of Business and Economics: 439 graduates
- College of Education and Human Service Professions: 445 graduates
- School of Fine Arts: 132 graduates
- College of Liberal Arts: 506 graduates
- Swenson College of Science and Engineering: 478 graduates
- 195 students earned masters degrees.
- Labovitz School of Business and Economics: 22 graduates
- College of Education and Human Service Professions: 76 graduates
- School of Fine Arts: 6 graduates
- College of Liberal Arts: 29 graduates
- Swenson College of Science and Engineering: 69 graduates
- In 2011-2012, 56 students completed their second year of medical school at UMD.
- In 2011-2012, the College of Pharmacy graduated 156 students in a combined class with the Twin Cities who earned the Pharm.D. degree.
- 3 students earned an Ed.D. in the College of Education and Human Service Professions.
Did you find what you were looking for?